Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:

Thanks, I'll try it, but with my grill once I get it hot, it doesn't cool off quickly. I'd have to remove the meat after searing and wait five minutes with the grill open.

If you have multiple burners, just turn one off and move the meat to that side.

PH

Will do. The grill has 6 main burners and three auxillary.
quote:
quote:

Thanks, I'll try it, but with my grill once I get it hot, it doesn't cool off quickly. I'd have to remove the meat after searing and wait five minutes with the grill open.

PH

If I don't have much to cook, only use one side. Also easier to control cooking by moving protein to the none lit side to keep warm.
Cod and prawn cakes, simple side salad. Very tasty and a nice (far less spendy) alternative to fresh crab cakes. We paired this with a 2013 Maison Harbour Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Caillerets. Great pairing. We have a few leftover cakes we didn't cook and I plan to eat them eggs benedict style.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine and Food Expert:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Wild Alaskan halibut.

I much prefer Pacific halibut, as you incorrectly refer to as "Alaskan Halibut", absolutely, to it's southern counterpart, California Flounder, as many, mind you, refer to as "California Halibut", understandably!

Do, pray tell, tell us how you prepared this fine seafood, as I can assure I may improve your technique and recipe, mind you.

Additionally, if I may, I will suggest a "perfect" paring provided you reveal all side dishes, accompaniments, herbs and sauces, absolutely!

Cheers!
~W&FE~

You jacka$$. Are you really saying that halibut and flounder are the same thing?
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine and Food Expert:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Wild Alaskan halibut.

I much prefer Pacific halibut, as you incorrectly refer to as "Alaskan Halibut", absolutely, to it's southern counterpart, California Flounder, as many, mind you, refer to as "California Halibut", understandably!

Do, pray tell, tell us how you prepared this fine seafood, as I can assure I may improve your technique and recipe, mind you.

Additionally, if I may, I will suggest a "perfect" paring provided you reveal all side dishes, accompaniments, herbs and sauces, absolutely!

Cheers!
~W&FE~

You jacka$$. Are you really saying that halibut and flounder are the same thing?

I googled the terms, and the fish are similar. Never would have thought it. Both flat fish, and two eyed on top as adults.

He is mentioning CA flounder, not the east coast fish
quote:
quote:
quote:

PH

Will do. The grill has 6 main burners and three auxillary.

Using the "direct heat" to get your sear on, and then "indirect heat" to finish is a great technique. For a final bit of idiot-proofing, I'd highly recommend getting a remote meat thermometer like this one..

It only takes a couple of overcooked expensive roasts for it to pay for itself.

PH

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.