Smoked salomon on cucumber with avocado
Sweet and sour meatballs
Mashed potato kugel
Roasted Asparagus
Chocolate dipped strawberries, nut clusters and apricots

She Crab Soup
Trio of Cobia, Sashimi, Maki and Tempura
Yellowtail snapper

Pan fried red grouper with truffle butter, spinach with sauteed mushrooms and boursin cheese

I trust you "give thanks" daily for the fact that you are married to FKG, correct? Smile
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
Chicken dumplings
Smoked salomon on cucumber with avocado
Sweet and sour meatballs
Mashed potato kugel
Roasted Asparagus
Chocolate dipped strawberries, nut clusters and apricots

She Crab Soup
Trio of Cobia, Sashimi, Maki and Tempura
Yellowtail snapper

Pan fried red grouper with truffle butter, spinach with sauteed mushrooms and boursin cheese

I trust you "give thanks" daily for the fact that you are married to FKG, correct? Smile

Yes I do. The one in the middle was at a restaurant though
Made a Pepper Stout Beef yesterday, ostensibly for dinner last night. The chuck roast stalled at about 150* for almost two hours, which delayed everything after. By the time I got the beef pulled and the sauce reduced, it was after 11 PM. Guess what I'm having for dinner tonight? This dish really needs to be started in the morning, not the afternoon.
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
My first try at tri tip. Used too a high a heat on the grill. Next time will be better.

Next time, try hot at first to sear and then medium-low to finish.

PH

Thanks, I'll try it, but with my grill once I get it hot, it doesn't cool off quickly. I'd have to remove the meat after searing and wait five minutes with the grill open.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
My first try at tri tip. Used too a high a heat on the grill. Next time will be better.

Next time, try hot at first to sear and then medium-low to finish.
PH

Thanks, I'll try it, but with my grill once I get it hot, it doesn't cool off quickly. I'd have to remove the meat after searing and wait five minutes with the grill open.

You sorta did it the traditional Santa Maria way, which would be highish heat but over red oak, cooked to mr. It's tricky to nail that way and get tender because it's pretty lean and gets tough easily. You could get fancy and sous vide to r-mr or mr then sear and rest. The old ranch type people in SM would probably consider that too fancy for tri tip but it would work.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Wild Alaskan halibut.

I much prefer Pacific halibut, as you incorrectly refer to as "Alaskan Halibut", absolutely, to it's southern counterpart, California Flounder, as many, mind you, refer to as "California Halibut", understandably!

Do, pray tell, tell us how you prepared this fine seafood, as I can assure I may improve your technique and recipe, mind you.

Additionally, if I may, I will suggest a "perfect" paring provided you reveal all side dishes, accompaniments, herbs and sauces, absolutely!

Cheers!
~W&FE~

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.