Skip to main content

g-man posted:

3 of my local ones that have a good selection and fun to chat with owners have unfortunately have closed due to cv19 related issues.

Whoa.  Welp, if you are looking to replenish,  I know K&L, Woodland Hills Wine Company, and Kogod in CA are all open for CA delivery business as of now.  I would imagine they would ship into NYC, but I don't know what is going on in the city right now.  (I think Wine House is open as well, and it is also good to buy from, though I've only ever shopped there in person.)  Max Kogod charges a few dollars more than major retailers but his selection is wonderful if you are into rustic wines; and he is extraordinarily knowledgeable and helpful, even just on the phone, including with people he has never met.  Seriously, he has never steered me wrong.  David Russell at WHWC is also extremely helpful when discussing Old World wines and I probably buy more from his recommendations than I do all other retail wine-salespeople (phone or in-person) put together.  Obviously, K&L is K&L.

spo posted:

I think our wine shops are actually open. Been getting emails that offer curbside pickup but you can also browse the store just last week.

I picked up a case from San Diego Wine and Beer Company last week.  Purchased on line and drove by to pick up after work. They dropped it off in my trunk, did not go into the store. Pretty seamless.  Quarantined it in my car for 24 hours and later in my garage for another 72. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.