With the help of some contacts, I may be able to arrange the event at a downtown restaurant in a private room. No corkage fee. No obligation.
I have also looked into hospitality suites at downtown hotels and waiting to hear back. It will undoubtedly take several days or a couple of weeks to finalize arrangements, but rest assured that we are on the job. Things are progressively shaping up.
Excellent work, Dok. Looking forward to hearing about the options.

With respect to a private room and restaurant access, maybe those detail are best kept to email. I'd hate for the LLBO to be browsing the site and give the restaurant a problem.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.
I already had you penciled in. You're the 8th
person confirmed. A little birdy told me you'd be
Futronic, your paranoia is parallel to mine. As we get closer to the event and I have more information, I'll ask all confirmed to send me their email addresses and a list of what wines they intend to bring. I'll ensure that there is adequate variety and no dupes.
Does everyone agree with Aussie/Bordeaux? Razz
As far as Aussie wines are concerned, I'd like to NOT restrict it to Shiraz, but any red. Cab/Cab blends, etc.....
As we get closer, I'll ask for people to submit their choices. Probably best to wait until after the holidays and see what people buy/receive for presents. Maybe a Grange?
We still have "50 sleeps" to arrange what I hope will be a memorable event. Smile
I'm in need of your email addresses in order to facilitate communication and expedite the tasting.

If there is enough interest and/or wines, would you prefer flights or blind tastings?

If you already know what you're prepared to bring to the event, please LMK at jester728@rogers.com. Things can always be changed at any time.

I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 individuals about venues, but 1 spot has been tentatively secured. Smile

Add Reply

Likes (0)