Antinori 2001 Badia A Passignano Chianti Classico Riserva

This is pure joy in a bottle. Unmistakeably Italian with Aromas and flavors blackberry, spice, mushroom and coffee bean on a rich, lush palate of fine tannin and acid with a finish that just won't quit. Best Chianti I have had in a long, long time. 93 points. $45 in this neck of the woods.
Original Post
We visited the 'castle' in June of '06; had dinner there one evening as well. We brought back 6 of the '01s; I've got three left and there's no hurry to open.

FWIW, I hade a bottle of the '00 on Wednesday evening that was a big, brooding, tannic monster of a CCR; superb color, fruit, and concentration - needs a couple of hours in the decanter.
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
This place is on my short list for a visit in October.

You both will enjoy it I think, and very close to where you are staying.

The view in the Fall could be spectacular if the leaves on the vines have not fallen. Some of my favorite trips to the wine country have been in the Fall.
Love this wine....bought enough to be drinking it often for nights we cook Italian or bring Carrabba's home as well as enough to stockpile for aged drinking. It is soo smooth right now.

Miss the old label with vertical design and pastel colors but this is nice too, albeit more traditional.

STRONG BUY, Drink AND Hold!
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:

Make sure to eat at the restaraunt -

Already have a reservation for that Saturday night we're in the area. Cool

Smart man - unless things have changed drastically, you'll love it.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:

Make sure to eat at the restaraunt -

Already have a reservation for that Saturday night we're in the area. Cool

Don't forget to tell Maurizio and Marcello I said hello.
Drinking terrific tonight. Seems to be building and evolving on previous experiences.

Rich, deep nose. Lots of black cherries, black licorice and sweet molasses with hints of expresso beans. Slightly smokey finish with lush, well-blended tannins. Wonderfully long, strong palate. Held up well on day two.

Ardeis in Seminole

Add Reply

Likes (0)