Angry at Wine Spectator for the First Time

Why did they have to make one of my favorite QPR's #2? Why? Something tells me there will be no more St. Cosme Gigondas under $30 anymore.

I have watched all of you old hats on this board get worked up before, but until now, I just chuckled....

Oh well WS, I still love you.
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by spo:
quote:
Originally posted by WineTrooper:
Something tells me there will be no more St. Cosme Gigondas under $30 anymore.

I don't think it will have an impact.

Agree. Minimal, if any, impact on future releases, anyway.

FWIW, I just saw an offer for '09 Relentless at about the same price previous vintages had been selling before the '08 was ranked #1.
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:
Good price.

I don't think the WOTY has a long-term impact on pricing either.....

It's kind of spotty. I did some quick checks on a couple top 10s from this year and didn't see the kind of spikes I used to see when I followed this stuff more closely.

That said, the 2006 WOTY (2001 Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova) has a current average WineSearcher bottle price of $219. I think official release price was $60, and many of us bought (and actually received) this wine from Premier Cru @ $40.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Good price.

I don't think the WOTY has a long-term impact on pricing either.....

It's kind of spotty. I did some quick checks on a couple top 10s from this year and didn't see the kind of spikes I used to see when I followed this stuff more closely.

That said, the 2006 WOTY (2001 Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova) has a current average WineSearcher bottle price of $219. I think official release price was $60, and many of us bought (and actually received) this wine from Premier Cru @ $40.

PH

The 2005 CC Reserve is 80 to 120 on there. Not bad for a 20 dollar bottle of over rated juice. I knew I should have bought a whole case. Now if I could just figure out how to ship the stuff...
quote:
Originally posted by Juicy:
quote:
Good price.

I don't think the WOTY has a long-term impact on pricing either, although most of the 2008s are off the market now. If it's still up, check out this nitwit on WineBid. Price is $160. Time to sell that $28 bottle.

Relentless

Up to $270 now. Eek

Madness. The Utah ABC is showing bottles @ $60. gigabit, do they exist?

PH

Add Reply

Likes (0)