Rather than write a sappy novel for post #1000, I thought it best to give tasting note on a wine that I love but rarely get to drink.

1996 Ridge Monte Bello -- Dark ruby in color, full bodied. Aromas of concentrated cherries (somewhat dried), some oak and dark fruit, followed by flavors of cassis, blackberry, cherry and mineral with subdued oak in the background. Tannins have subsided quite a bit but there is no doubt that this wine will have many, many years of quality drinking ahead of it (15+). A WOW wine by almost anyone's palate.

It took me a while to rack up 1000 posts but I've tried to stay out of most of the BS that goes on here, at times. However, there is little doubt that this board (as well as ebob and VC) has had a much greater impact than any other source on my growth of knowledge in the world of wine.

One more thing: I never posted on the "Please Ignore this post thread." What an accomplishment in restraint.
Original Post
mletson,

First of all congratulations! It's very strange as we just about mirror each other. I am approaching 1000, have been on the boards almost as long as you, had planned on posting a tasting note at 1000, also try to avoid the BS, and like you, have never posted on the "Please Ignore this thread" either. Are we the only ones? Again congratulations and nice TN and wine for your 1000th!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.