'99 Quilceda Creek: Where?

I have not seen it at Seattle area shops recently. I think the last place I saw it was at Pete's in Bellevue. Wino and I tasted the Cab and the Merlot at the winery and I thought both were very approachable -- some vintages of Quliceda are very closed down on release....
RedMeat: I was able to find one bottle of the 99 QC cab at one of my secret shops. They are charging $72.99 for the bottle. Your cost would be $72.99 + tax + shipping (unless you are coming up or know someone that is coming up for the PacNW wine party). Let me know if you want it and I'll pick it up tomorrow.

W
They also had one bottle of the 2000 Leonetti Sangiovese. They are asking $79.99 for that. Same cost formula.

Agree with fredWilo on the release experience. Bought a case of the 96 QC, tasted one bottle with fredwilo, and have not touched the case since. [Smile]

W

[ 06-22-2002, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Wino ]
I am very happy to have gotten two cases plus two magnums from the mailing list. However, my house sitters while Mrs. Eno and I were at the 6/15 dinner asked if they could have a couple of bottles of wine to drink. Of course I said no problem. I pointed them to some very nice Cotes du Rhone. When I got home I realized I was missing a bottle of '99 QC. I asked if they had taken one and they said that they took one of those instead since I had so many. They did not want to take a wine that I only had six bottles of. Oiy-vay. I asked if they liked it. They said it was okay. Then depression set in.

Ciao
Bman,
Sure it needs time. But I was surprised at how well it drank being such a young and undecanted one. Imagine what it would have been like had it had a couple of hours of air.
The next time I house sit in Charlotte, I'll open a magnum and provide very detailed tasting notes. [Big Grin]

[ 06-22-2002, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: King of Hearts ]
Thanks King. That's pretty much it.

Just saw an ad (I'm watching the World Cup as I post) promoting our Skins Game for next week. It was always later in the summer, I thought. I'd planned to send you a hyper link for it, in case you could have squeezed in a visit on the company nickel, but appears the chance has been missed. [Frown]

Maybe our paths will cross somewhere else.... [Smile]

Add Reply

Likes (0)