Any experience with this wine out there? WS says to drink now through 2006. RP says 2006-2015. My wife is making a cajun pasta dish with andouille sausage and shrimp and I was thinking about opening this. Is this a good match? Is it too soon? Has anyone had this? Thanks.

The modest water, awed by power divine, beheld its God and blushed into wine. - John Dryden
Original Post
Thanks for the replies. As it is my only bottle, I did not open it. Went with a 2001 Luna(CA) Pinot Grigio instead which actually paired well with this mildly spicy dish. Since it got to about 70 degrees here on Saturday we had this "Indian summer" wine. Big Grin

The modest water, awed by power divine, beheld its God and blushed into wine. - John Dryden
I think you did the right thing, merris. That's one of the most powerful and long-lived Rieslings from Alsace. I think a few more years will bring out additional nuances and a rich silky texture that will make it even more enjoyable than it is now.

I tried to get a couple bottles of this wine from the website of Martin's Wines in New Orleans last summer. When I called them, I was told it had all been sold within a couple of hours of being put online. C'est la vie.

-----------------------------

Cheers.

Add Reply

Likes (0)