Just for foolish pride...and flash-back fodder does anyone have tomorrows predictions? Razz ..OK.. Here it is..

#6 04 Antinori Tignanello
#7 Ridge Santa Cruz Mts.Chard.

(Ofcourse I also thought that Mollydooker COL would be the WOTY.)
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fatcity:
I hope your '05 Ridge Chard. prediction is correct; I've got my eye on 6 bottles at a little market around the corner that still has them for $39.99. Smile

Amuse me, if you want them why don't you buy them before somebody else ? Is the WS top 10 going to make the decision for you ? Please don't tell me that if they are in the top 10 they become a better wine.

As discussed in other threads, the top 10 is just like RMP's Bordeaux ratings and just a means to hype wine sales and drive high prices higher. All that matters is that "you" like the wine. Nobodys score should affect your liking or disliking of a wine.
quote:
Originally posted by inky:
quote:
I hope your '05 Ridge Chard. prediction is correct; I've got my eye on 6 bottles at a little market around the corner that still has them for $39.99. Smile

Amuse me, if you want them why don't you buy them before somebody else ? Is the WS top 10 going to make the decision for you ? Please don't tell me that if they are in the top 10 they become a better wine.

As discussed in other threads, the top 10 is just like RMP's Bordeaux ratings and just a means to hype wine sales and drive high prices higher. All that matters is that "you" like the wine. Nobodys score should affect your liking or disliking of a wine.

I bought some a while ago. Maybe I'll just flip these 6. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by sydthesquid:
quote:

You can get 'em from the winery for $35.

2 bottle max. Maybe I'll flip those, too. Wink
I just took a look at last years top 100 - not a single Santa Cruz Mountains wine on it. Plus Ridge is better known for it's reds. That's a lot of X-Factor...

Kongsgaard was #7 last year with 97 / $75 / 1,200 cases, mailing list only.

And I got an email from a retailer with the subject "Chardonnay Wine of the Year" plugging a $20 Aussie.

Hmmm...
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by inky:
quote:

I bought some a while ago. Maybe I'll just flip these 6. Wink

#2! ....even better. Smile Smile
quote:
Originally posted by wineOCD:
quote:

Thanks for the tip I could not find them anywhere...ordering 2, and 2 for my neighbor Wink...

My picks:

#6 Tignanello
#5 Two Hands Bella's Garden

Did you get that Ridge order in?
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wineOCD:
quote:

Thanks for the tip I could not find them anywhere...ordering 2, and 2 for my neighbor Wink...

My picks:

#6 Tignanello
#5 Two Hands Bella's Garden

Did you get that Ridge order in?

Yes sir. At least I have a confirmation number so far.
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Tong BBP:
quote:
It appears Ridge is already sold out. The '05 Estate no longer appears on the store page.

Look again. It's still there, 2 bottle limit.

Ya, I talked to them, they took it down while they made sure they had enough for the orders already placed last night and this morning. Their heads must be spinning right now.
quote:
Ya, I talked to them, they took it down while they made sure they had enough for the orders already placed last night and this morning. Their heads must be spinning right now.

Nah, they had to be expecting it. Otherwise why the 2 bottle limit?
quote:
Originally posted by Stefania Wine:
Tignanello for either $71 or $79

I guess I should feel lucky that I can still buy the 2004 0.750L Tignanello for just $56.26 at Specs (i.e. Downtown Houston...Bella Donna's favorite wine shop Big Grin).

Add Reply

Likes (0)