Skip to main content

Hello all! First off thank you for your help in my previous purchase... in case you don't remember it was with this forum's input that I purchased my 16 count Magic Chef wine cooler.

Well, I now want something larger and MUCH colder. I've come to realize that I really enjoy COLD wine. Furthermore, I'd like to put my other beverages in the cooler as well.

So, I'm looking for a wine cooler that can drop to around 40°F... and is around $200-250.

Any ideas?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Hunter:
quote:
Walking from your room to the fridge is to far?

Well. He didn't say how much he weighed.

quote:
So, I'm looking for a wine cooler that can drop to around 40°F... and is around $200-250.

If I can find something like that for you, do we have a deal? Let's say $225?

Could you further explain what it is your offering? To sell me something? To recommend?
Hey now, lets not jump down this guys throat. I also had some roommates in college that would drink anything with alcohol in the house on those binge nights. They would usually replace the consumed bottles, but it was still an issue. This is what I would do:
First, wait to drink until you are 21. If you have already reached that milestone I would do this.
Buy an ordinary dorm frig for $75 and place it in your room. You can not only store wine, but also any other perishables your roommates may consume.
Better (and cheaper) yet, simply store the wine in the coolest part of your room and chill the bottles as you drink them. Save the money you would have spent on a chiller on a new apt. Most decent quality wines will be just fine for six months to a year in a dark closet. I assume you prefer white wine or rose if you like them cold. Unless you are buying grand cru White Burgundy or sweet Bordeaux, most mid priced whites are ready to drink on release, and should be drank when they are young and fresh.
It sounds to me that you dont need to make this investment at this point. Wait until you are on your own to start dumping hundreds into wine storage.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.