So following my own recommendation of eating more red colored fruits and veggies along with red wine.

Red onion, Kale curry with some 2013 Stefania Cab

Great pairing.

winetarelli posted:

Linguini with tomato sauce and sausage. Arugula with lemon juice and EVOO. Reggiano Parm atop everything. 

Leftovers of this.

homemeade gnocchi and marcella's tomato/butter sauce.  

i've been trying to get homemade gnocchi right since '98 and never got it.  A few pointers form mangiare and we're in cloud-filled pillow heaven.

BGE smoke/roast chicken.  A real beauty from Good Family Farms up near Meaford. 6lbs.

Roast turnips & carrots from Sideroad farms by Walter's Falls.

Green salad also from sideroad.

My wife and I took an hourlong drive shortly after noon to get out of the house for a bit, then spent the afternoon together in the kitchen. My wife made two loaves of zucchini bread that smell fantastic. I made a red meat sauce that was nicely reduced down and ended up delicious. Served over penne with fresh grated aged parm and a drizzle ove good olive oil as a finisher. Simple, hearty and delicious. Looking forward to the leftovers for lunch while working from home.

Seems like we have been eating nothing but tacos the last little while.  Carnitas, chicken, flat iron steak, with some homemade salsas.  Not tiring of them yet. 

winetarelli posted:

Envious of the lamburgers.  I ordered ground lamb from my grocery but they delivered ground bison yesterday, instead. 

Damn, I ordered 4 lbs of ground lamb, fresh and frozen salmon and calf liver. I hope I don't end up with tilapia, bison and chicken liver.

winetarelli posted:

Envious of the lamburgers.  I ordered ground lamb from my grocery but they delivered ground bison yesterday, instead. 

Not to rub it in but they were delicious.  

I had a bunch of chicken stock i made when i was making chicken paitan.

used the broth today for some chicken rice

I found my stash of dried ghost chilis.

It was a terrible idea, I'm sweating, I can't taste or smell anything, I have blurry vision and i haven't stopped coughing for 10 minutes straight.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.