Monkfish risotto.  Used the poaching liquid and incorporated it into the risotto.  Fantastic.  Paired with a Kutch Sonoma Coast Chardonnay.

Tonight wound up simple pasta with Arrabbiata, fresh mozzarella, arugula salad with EVOO and lemon juice.  Reggiano Parm atop it all.  (Night 2 of lockdown.) 

Pulled pork w/ Hak's Chipotle Bourbon BBQ sauce (my new go-to) red onion and cheddar; mixed greens and beets with carrot/ginger/miso dressing.  Allagash Tripel.  (Lockdown night 3.)

Taught my 8 year old to make pasta with meat sauce and a basic green salad.  Channeled my inner Clemenza. Because he might have to cook for 20 guys some day.  

w. 2016 Col D'Orcia RdM

I was supposed to be meeting for dinner and wine tonight in Chicago with jcubed, w+a and wine sparty tonight before the country closed down. Since  I had already planned for just a half day of work, I used the time to make pot roast. My place smells awesome and it will be a nice weeknight dinner on a dreary, rainy day.

We had a roasted chicken last night - delicious - one benefit of this staying home thing is the dramatically healthier eating of food cooked at home

Stone crabs

pate de foie gras

pan seared salmon with maple baby carrots on the side

cannoli from a my favorite  Italian grocery store that luckily remains open

Had Grecian baked lamb, quinoa salad, roasted brussels sprouts.  Enjoyed a 2005 Silver Oak Cabernet, and for dessert, a 2003 Mondavi Moscato D'Oro (half bottle).

Made yellow corn tortillas, carnitas and grilled some flank steak for tacos today. Cold but it’s at least sunny in TO today. 

Made chili. Perfect on a day like today.

Hand chopped roast, pint of smoked Porter, couple of cups of coffee and secret ingredient of crushed tortilla chips to thicken and salt. 

wineismylife posted:

Waiting for the "canned" whatever posts coming in 10, 9, 8....

Canned ingredients only for me, I hope.

Beef stew - all fresh ingredients and previously frozen beef chuck.  I don't have a lot of canned goods.  

Both look awesome, vinoevolo.

For us, pork tenderloin, oven roasted potatoes and asparagus. I make similar things so often, the iPad damn near types this out for me. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.