purplehaze posted:

What the hell is "fish dip" ??  If it's really a thing, it needs another name!

PH

Do you seriously not know what fish dip is?  Maybe it's a Florida thing.  I thought it was more ubiquitous.  

Down here, the kingfish that run in the winter are excellent for smoking and making into dip.  I'm pretty sure there are dips made from other fish, such as trout.   You can find fish dip at almost any seafood store or shop.

Rothko posted:
purplehaze posted:

What the hell is "fish dip" ??  If it's really a thing, it needs another name!

PH

Do you seriously not know what fish dip is?  Maybe it's a Florida thing.  I thought it was more ubiquitous.  

Down here, the kingfish that run in the winter are excellent for smoking and making into dip.  I'm pretty sure there are dips made from other fish, such as trout.   You can find fish dip at almost any seafood store or shop.

Also often made with mahi, occasionally grouper.  Smoked,  Calypso near my office, in Lauderdale has my favorite - its with mahi.  Less mayo than many - served with jalapenos.  

Some good options in Key West, but nothing as good as there.  OF course, home smoked fish turned into dip is even better.

https://calypsorestaurant.com/calypso_menus.html

Calypso also uses the name "dolphin" instead of "mahi" so you know that they are old-school.

I stopped calling it dolphin a long time ago because people thought I meant that we were eating Flipper.

Just the thought of a good smoked fish dip, with crackers and peppers is making me hungry.

Add Reply

Likes (0)