ate at Gertrude's, the John Shields restaurant at the Baltimore Museum of Art. Had some pretty good calamari and some excellent short rib dish, with celeriac, carrots and some red pepper coulis. If you come to Baltimore and go to the Museum, it's not a bad place to catch lunch or dinner.

Late season tomatoes in a friggin wonderful Caprese salad.  Dry rub St. Louis pork ribs, mac and cheese, flash sautéed broccolini with garlic and stone ground cornmeal cornbread.  Wines posted in the appropriate thread.  Top 5 meal of the year.  Go Nats!!  Burp....

PH

Had a big lunch and then did a few hours of tiring chores, so I didn’t have the energy for any real meal prep. I bushed EVOO on baguette pieces before grilling them, then made bruschetta with heirloom cherry tomatoes, garlic, more oil, freshly  cracked pepper, fresh basil and garlic. Added some shaved parm and was good to go. 

purplehaze posted:

Late season tomatoes in a friggin wonderful Caprese salad.  Dry rub St. Louis pork ribs, mac and cheese, flash sautéed broccolini with garlic and stone ground cornmeal cornbread.  Wines posted in the appropriate thread.  Top 5 meal of the year.  Go Nats!!  Burp....

PH

I've had PH's dry rub ribs.  They are truly outstanding.

irwin posted:
purplehaze posted:

PH

I've had PH's dry rub ribs.  They are truly outstanding.

You are too kind.  I give most of the credit to the pigs and my #1 daughters spice rub.  She absolutely refuses to give me her recipe, but she always replaces mine when I run out.  

PH

jcocktosten posted:

We are having braised lamb shank this evening - looking forward to it

I should make these more often.  

This reminds me of a time some years back that my father came to our house for dinner.  I'd planned on making Osso Buco and risotto and ordered the shanks the night before so I could just run in, grab the meat and get home to start braising.  And that's what I did.  

When I got home to start cooking, I found out that instead of veal shanks, the butcher had given us lamb shanks.  No time to go back and fix the problem, so scrambled for a recipe.  Made braised lamb shanks with orange zest and Chianti.  Stayed with the risotto.  Killed it.  Served with a couple of 1997 CCRs instead of the Baroli I had set aside.

Pop said it was the best lamb dish he'd ever eaten.  OK.. back to your original programming.  

PH

Add Reply

Likes (0)