billhike posted:

Not surprised that BOS and CBJ couldn’t match the physical intensity of game 2, but tonight was still a good one.

So sloppy. Both teams but especially the Bruins in the first 2 periods.

San Jose has definitely stepped up their game.

Thoughts on whether the face licker gets suspended?  Folks around the office (Leaves fans) are saying it was as bad as what Kadri did, so he should be gone for the rest of the series.  I have asked for a share of whatever it is they are smoking.  I say he gets fined, but no suspension, and that's the correct decision.  

Great win for the Bruins last night, but Cassidy needs to rely less on Chara. The old guy was dead on his skates by midway through the 3rd period and nearly cost them.

Clearly Carolina are for real. Really strange how well the wild cards are doing in these playoffs.

5 more to go.

I'm not sure which I prefer in the final, the Blues or the Sharks. The latter would be a homecoming of sorts for Thornton, although by now he is much more a Shark than a Bruin. The former would be a rematch of the 1970 final. It was 49 years ago on May 10 that Bobby Orr scored that goal and it was those playoffs which made me a Bruins fan.

If Rask keeps playing like this it won't matter which team it is. Unbelievable in the first period.

steve8 posted:

5 more to go.

I'm not sure which I prefer in the final, the Blues or the Sharks. The latter would be a homecoming of sorts for Thornton, although by now he is much more a Shark than a Bruin. The former would be a rematch of the 1970 final. It was 49 years ago on May 10 that Bobby Orr scored that goal and it was those playoffs which made me a Bruins fan.

If Rask keeps playing like this it won't matter which team it is. Unbelievable in the first period.

I want to see Blues Bruins if only for the goal tending.   Those two have been simply lights out.  Might be 7 goals scored total in a 7 game series. 

billhike posted:
billhike posted:

That said I’m rooting for the teal guppies the rest of the way.

I may have to re-think this if they keep receiving ridiculous officiating gifts like last night and the VGK incident.

Ridiculous officiating?  No no no.  That’s just normal play!

- Diego Maradona

steve8 posted:

The Sharks have definitely been the biggest beneficiaries of the piss poor officiating in these playoffs.

You guys were dissing Thornton and he gets 2 goals and an assist last night.

Golf season starts tonight for the jerks?

They've got a lot of karma to reclaim still from 04 and 06 when they were the best team in the league and the CBC/NHL handed the finals to two grossly inferior Western Canadian teams.

You retired guys need to stay up later and watch those west coast games, Thornton looked dreadful over the last 7-8 games before last night.  I mean you can sleep in all you want right? 

Wise guy. Now that I could sleep in all the time, I can't. I try to stay up and watch those western games but often seem to fall asleep. Just not enough action to keep me awake.

The Bruins-Canes game last night was boys vs. men. How ridiculous was it that the refs called 5 hand passes in the game? 

Four more wins to go.

I can't recall seeing a team get as far with such terrible goaltending as Martin Jones provided.  There were shots that beat him that I'd expect any senior rec league goalie to stop, and not just one or two in a series but 1-2 a game.  Best teams got through and it should be a good series.  

Really struggling to watch this year.  I liked the bunch of jerks storyline but beyond that i cant seem to get sufficiently interested.    Chara is a beast.  I hate the guy in the most admirable way going back to his Ottawa days.  Going back to the bench with a broken jaw is the stuff of Stan Mikita stories (ok it was ankle, but still).

vinoevelo posted:

Really struggling to watch this year.  I liked the bunch of jerks storyline but beyond that i cant seem to get sufficiently interested.    Chara is a beast.  I hate the guy in the most admirable way going back to his Ottawa days.  Going back to the bench with a broken jaw is the stuff of Stan Mikita stories (ok it was ankle, but still).

+1.  Missed most of the playoffs while in Africa, and I just can't root for St. Louis.  I'm looking forward to the upcoming draft to see who the Hawks take with the third pick.

Even if you don't like them it sucks watching any team get beaten by shitty officiating. I'd really like to read/hear Sutherland's reasoning for not calling that Blowzak slew foot a penalty.

Agreed the officiating has been terrible in these playoffs. I don't even understand the rules for reviewing plays. Early in the last game the refs reviewed a play to see if the puck had sneaked past Rask. There was no challenge or even questions from the Blues. Why can they do that but not review a play like the slew foot trip or the obvious hand pass which cost the Blues an overtime loss against the Sharks?

Add Reply

Likes (0)