After Thanksgiving meat-fest and days of leftovers, last night we had homemade eggplant parmesan.  Eggplant was not breaded

Original Post

Browned a pork loin in duck fat, added cabbage/carrots/turnips/potatoes + aromatics, deglazed with lager & chicken stock covered and cooked all together slowly for most of sunday afternoon.  Served with mustards and cab franc.  

A simple app of cheese, salami, olives and bruschetta followed by rigatoni with red sauce and spicy Italian sausage. Friends brought a dessert of cardamom brittle with pistachio ice cream.

butternut squash soup, short ribs, string beans....2016 Chateau St. Michelle, Indian Wells, Cabernet Sauvignon.  (Should wait a year or two to open this- tight)

Last edited by irwin

Last night, Indian Food.  Peerce's Plantation in Baltimore County, our newest elegant Indian restaurant.  Food was excellent. My wife had "Goa FIsh" , a whole rockfish served over lentils. I had salmon tikka, which was moist and flavorful.  A spicy cauliflower dish to start - Gobhinda.

I was surprised at how many people were at the restaurant which has only been open for dinner for a few days. I hope they succeed.

jcocktosten posted:

... Snowy Grouper ... on electric lines in over 500 foot deep water. 

You caught the fish by electrocuting them?  How is that possible in salt water?   

javachip posted:
jcocktosten posted:

... Snowy Grouper ... on electric lines in over 500 foot deep water. 

You caught the fish by electrocuting them?  How is that possible in salt water?   

Is that serious?  Fishing shorthand term  The reels are electric for deep drop fishing

Ribollita.

Edit: My wife just texted and her boss invited us out for Indian food. Soup will go into leftover containers. Works for me! 

Last edited by billhike

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.