Sheffield are in 5th place! And I picked them for relegation.And Spurs are in 14th, but at least I didn't pick them in the top 4.

Enjoyed watching the Liverpool-City game on Sunday. Liverpool are very efficient converting the chances they get. Outplayed by City but look at the result. Hopefully City will still be feeling down the weekend after next for the match against Chelsea.

Also watched the Leicester-Arsenal game on Saturday. Easy to see why Emery hasn't played Ozil much this season. Really poor. I hear Ramsey is doing well at Juve.

I don't know if I'd agree with your assessment of Ozil on Saturday.  I'm a pretty decent fan of Ozil, so take that for what it's worth, but to me he showed plenty of positivity and creativity.  He'll never be a defender, but he can definitely unlock defenses.  I'd love to see them play the old 4-2-1-3, with Lacazette, Auba, and Pepe up top, with Ozil right behind them.  The problem is with the 6 guys behind them. 

And as much as it pains me to say it, Chelsea are the most exciting team for me to watch in the Premier League.  Willian and Pulisic are looking dangerous and Abraham is consistently putting it in the back of the net.  Jorginho looks way more confident, almost to the point that Kante seems surplus (in case Roman is listening and wants to give him to Arsenal for free).  

steve8 posted:

I’ve been recently rethinking about my support for Chelsea. I have come around to thinking that even though Chelsea are doing well so far this season, I think Arsenal might just be the better team overall.

Couldn’t agree with you more.

mimik posted:
steve8 posted:

I’ve been recently rethinking about my support for Chelsea. I have come around to thinking that even though Chelsea are doing well so far this season, I think Arsenal might just be the better team overall.

Did you really fabricate that? Isn't there an unwritten rule on internet forums against doing shit like that?

steve8 posted:
mimik posted:
steve8 posted:

Did you really fabricate that? Isn't there an unwritten rule on internet forums against doing shit like that?

Yes and what's your point? It was more wishful thinking.

mimik posted:
steve8 posted:
mimik posted:
steve8 posted:

Yes and what's your point? It was more wishful thinking.

You’re referring to the ladies’ squads, eh?

steve8 posted:

Hey, I called that one right. How are Mourinho and Levy going to agree on anything? I foresee Harry Kane being sold and Lukaku bought from Inter.

The ManUre-Spurs game on Dec. 4 should be interesting.

Rumours are that one of the conditions of Mourinho taking the job was for Kane to *not* be sold this summer.

Interesting times, indeed. I have more comments on this whole saga, but I'll need to follow up later.

Glad to see some banter re Mourinho.  As I said when Klopp joined, he makes the PL a more interesting place.  I remember when I first started watching the premier league in 06, or so, watching the blues trail 0-1 in the 85 minute, you knew they weren’t out of it, grinding it out...lamps, Drogba, Cole makalele, Cech...they were a force, and how many times did they seal 0-1 wins in the death throes.  Seeing him with his arms around lamps and terry when they lost the league, you knew his lads believed in him.   As a neutral, i’ve never really rooted for the guy, but the last time he won the PL with aging players was a feat.  How he’s fallen...the ex-special one...it’s been train wreck material, and this move has drawn rightful attention.

Otherwise, looking for the Reds to keep nerves at bay and win the league and Foxes to keep a champions league place...they’ve made a few statements so far.  I’d have hoped for more out of Norwich, but can’t say their league position is unexpected.

The Bale saga is a sad story all around.  This is the nature of high dollar footballers, and check books without limits.

Man , this place is dead these days.  I guess that’s why I only visit once ever few weeks or so....

Nice draw by Norwich... entertaining match.  I thought they’d nick all 3 points at the end.  

LCFC...grinding it out...well done.

Can’t say anything unexpected by Tottenham.  Fortitude is something I’d expect them to shore up.

Add Reply

Likes (0)