2018 WORLD CUP

The draw for the World Cup was just completed.

Group A Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay
Group B Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran
Group C France, Australia, Peru, Denmark
Group D Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria
Group E Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia
Group F Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea
Group G Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England
Group H Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan

No obvious group of death in there.

Started this to separate from the collective Euro Soccer Thread

My Bet Germany Plays Spain for title. Germany wins it
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:
I'd say Argentina and Belgium have the best chances to win it all.

Really?? Hard for me to get past France and Germany as the top two teams heading into the World Cup (at least at this stage). And of course, Germany will win.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
With the current political situation between the UK and Russia, there could be some real nastiness this summer between the travelling English (hooligan) supporters and Russian thugs.

At least they won't play each other for a while - if Ever
quote:
With the current political situation between the UK and Russia, there could be some real nastiness this summer between the travelling English (hooligan) supporters and Russian thugs.

Why is hooligan there and in parentheses? Lol.
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:

Why is hooligan there and in parentheses? Lol.

Also add to it the racial slurs in the recent friendly with Russia.

Wonder if any Euro teams will avoid games like US did in 1980 [or so] during Olympics
fusionstorm posted:
flwino posted:

Ready for Germany & Swiss today [root for underdog].

But they're not playing each other today???

Just listing two games.  My kit did not work to help Germany.

Has a champ that lost first match ever gone on to win?  Hope so

jcocktosten posted:
flwino posted:

Germany  first euro team to lose.

Swiss great holding back Brazil.  Think the stupid ref helped.  Many yellow cards missed against Swiss.

England soon, and wish them well.

Please  Neymar dives and exaggerates more than anyone

Agree, however that was a lot of grabbing and tripping of others that went bye-bye

England are going to have to have to do better than that. Played well enough but so many missed opportunities. Kyle Walker is an idiot. That said, the ref was inconsistent as I saw two occasions when Kane was tackled to the ground in the Tunisian box on free kicks. Sterling....pfffft again.

Belgium looked good. Will they finally live up to expectations?

steve8 posted:

England are going to have to have to do better than that. Played well enough but so many missed opportunities. Kyle Walker is an idiot. That said, the ref was inconsistent as I saw two occasions when Kane was tackled to the ground in the Tunisian box on free kicks. Sterling....pfffft again.

The refs so far have let a lot of stuff go.  Very few yellow cards when many were deserved.  Like the tackles.

Most all of Belgium are from the EPL    Very few from England from same league

flwino posted:
steve8 posted:

The refs so far have let a lot of stuff go.  Very few yellow cards when many were deserved.  Like the tackles.

Most all of Belgium are from the EPL    Very few from England from same league

Huh???  England's WC roster is 100% EPL'ers.  Belgium's WC roster is a bit over 50% who hail from EPL clubs.  

jabe11 posted:

Well, im happy for the Russian players.  I guess the worry of having your family members possibly 'disappearing' if you lose works wonders for your motivation.

Not too mention weak competition that is also scared of getting out of the country alive if they win

Add Reply

Likes (0)