Once again, the greatest tennis tournament in the world is here.

Djokovic, Nadal, and Federer are all in fine form, but I think either Novak or Rafa will be the last man standing.

The women's draw is wide open.

And night matches on Louis Armstrong or Arthur Ashe Stadiums are so fun to watch.

Original Post

The Federer/Millman match was very intense and entertaining.  Roger didn't play well and it was obvious that he was struggling with the difficult conditions.  Millman, however, seemed fitter, hungrier, and more aggressive.  In the end, the legions of Federer fans in the crowd could not will Roger to the victory.

Congratulations to Millman - a player that competed on the Challenger Circuit for seven years; defeated the greatest player ever on the sports' biggest court; and will now play another night match against Djokovic in the quarterfinals.

flwino posted:

See there is quite a dispute over the judges calls, and penalties.  Smashing a racket is really a no-no , but as for coaching - dunno

May have changed the result.

That umpire definitely stole the show.  He could have at the very least warned her before issuing a game penalty.  She only called him a thief???  No f-bombs are any very rude language.  

The ump overreacted big time.  

In saying that , unless some type of miracle was about to happen, Serena was on the road to finishing second.  

flwino posted:
napacat posted:

Her coach admits to cheating and says everyone does it!  I thought Serena was very classy at the awards presentation though.

Can't believe that I could agree with Napacat on something

Likewise!  I have been very critical of Tiger Woods for acting like a petulant child, and I believe Serena did the same thing yesterday.  It's not a male/female thing from my perspective, and I felt bad for Osaka. 

Add Reply

Likes (0)