This thread could well end up being me posting to myself, but I'll give it a try.

Start out with comments on Chelsea. I have no idea how strong they will be this year. Not much activity on the transfer front so far and only 5 days left. I suspect Courtois will be gone and the fact the club picked up Rob Green indicates they think the same, although he wouldn't likely be their number 1. Hopefully Hazard and Willian both stay. I haven't seen Jorginho play very often but he sounds like the kind of player who could send Fabregas packing. Or more likely Drinkwater.

I see no reason why Manchester City shouldn't repeat as Premier League champs. Liverpool should be strong and Spurs will end up third. The fourth spot? Could be Arsenal.

If I'm right about the above Mourinho will be looking for a new job again.

Relegation. I think Wolves and Fulham will be strong enough, unlike the other promoted team along with 2 of the teams who barely survived last season.

Cardiff

Brighton

Huddersfield Town

Community Shield tomorrow. Hopefully City doesn't embarrass us too badly.

Original Post

Liverpool to win it.  Klopp has been a huge positive for the league and he seems like a good dude.  I wish him well and they are fun to watch.

Don't follow the off-season so much, so I guess I'll see where everyone ended up.

Also hoping Fulham do well...always liked them and Were promoted in style.  If craven cottage didn't look like a ride at Disneyland it might be a bit more formidable for visitors!

More comments later, but here's what I think about the table:

Top:

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Man Utd

4. Arsenal

5. Chelsea

6. Tottenham

Relegation:

18. Watford

19. Huddersfield

20. Cardiff

I would prefer Southampton relegated, but I don't think that's in the cards this year.

futronic posted:

I would prefer Southampton relegated, but I don't think that's in the cards this year.

You really don't like Mark Hughes do you?

Chelsea. That witch Granovskaia has to go. Once again she makes panic transfer deals at the last minute. She didn't want to pay £66M for Allison, but then turns around and pays £71M for the more inexperienced Kepa. Shades of the expensive last minute deals in January to sign Drinkwater and Barkley, which have amounted to very little.

Should be an interesting game against Arsenal today.

Both teams were a shambles on defense in the first half. Of course that is to be expected if David Luiz is your central defender, although he wasn't really at fault on the Arsenal goals.

I don't understand the roles of Kante and Jorginho and it clearly did not work in the first half as the midfield allowed the Gunners several great opportunities. Kante's strength is as an endlessly persistent defending midfielder. Kovacic looked good when he came on.

It's very early, but such an expensive goalkeeper probably should have saved that first Arsenal goal.  

I'm enjoying the Brighton-ManUre game this morning. 

I haven't seen too many posts from Ampuis recently, but he has to be happy with the Hornets performance so far this season. Good win over Spurs yesterday.

Liverpool is looking very strong so far.

WTF West Ham?? They spent a lot of money in the summer for an 0-4 start.

steve8 posted:

I haven't seen too many posts from Ampuis recently, but he has to be happy with the Hornets performance so far this season. Good win over Spurs yesterday.

Less a statement of intent and more of tenacity, but a great, and surprising,  win for them.

jabe11 posted:
steve8 posted:

Less a statement of intent and more of tenacity, but a great, and surprising,  win for them.

For Watford, that should be noted.

Giroud played a good game yesterday for Chelsea. Looks like Morata will be playing Europa League and cup games for a little while. Kovacic continues to impress me. First place for the Blues!

Liverpool look strong though.

Sean Dyche has taken the lead in the "first manager to get sacked this season" pool.

Dyche got a lifeline with that Burnley win last weekend. Too bad they lost their Carabao Cup game today against a struggling League One team.

And then there was one. Liverpool win their 6th straight, but Chelsea can't put one past West Ham. 

I'm still not getting the objective of playing Kante and Jorginho at the same time. This has to change. The former is like a fish out of water playing an attacking role and the latter has not impressed me at all.  

steve8 posted:

Dyche got a lifeline with that Burnley win last weekend. Too bad they lost their Carabao Cup game today against a struggling League One team.

And then there was one. Liverpool win their 6th straight, but Chelsea can't put one past West Ham. 

I'm still not getting the objective of playing Kante and Jorginho at the same time. This has to change. The former is like a fish out of water playing an attacking role and the latter has not impressed me at all.  

At least Derby beat Man U on penalties.  Watching Jose suck it truly is enjoyable

Mourinho is losing it. He was never this hostile to his players. It started at Real Madrid, continued at Chelsea during his second start and just keeps getting worse. ManU is going to take a bath on Pogba when they finally sell him. Of course that pains me so.

steve8 posted:

Mourinho is losing it. He was never this hostile to his players. It started at Real Madrid, continued at Chelsea during his second start and just keeps getting worse. ManU is going to take a bath on Pogba when they finally sell him. Of course that pains me so.

I am sort of sad because Pogba really can be a brilliant player and this whole thing has been bad as a fan of the sport

jcocktosten posted:

Kovacic is quite good isn't he?

Yes he is. Too bad he's only on loan and based on Real Madrid's performance yesterday against CSKA they might want him back sooner than later.

Really enjoying the fracas around ManUre right now. I bet Sanchez regrets leaving Arsenal, or at least for the circus he joined.

ProSys posted:

The apocalypse is nigh!  Morata has netted in consecutive fixtures!  

He's still got a long way to go to make up for so many missed chances, but the goal against Southampton was a really good touch. Recently he has just blasted chances like that right at the goalkeeper.

Away from the EPL for a while. What is happening in some of the European leagues. I realize there is still a long way to go in the season, but Bayern Munich in 6th place after a draw and 2 defeats in their last three games? And in La Liga both RM and Barca have only 1 win in their last five games and neither is in first place? Although it's the same old stories in France and Italy.

Rescue this thread from the second page.

Did anyone see Brozovic block the Luis Suarez free kick the other day in the game between Inter and Barca? Pretty clever.

I also enjoyed seeing Mourinho lose it at the end of the Chelsea-ManUre game last weekend. Classless on the part of the Blues assistant coach for sure, but still laughed at Mourinho's reaction. Poor Jose, the whole world is against him.

And how about Arsenal? 11 wins in a row. A cynic might question the caliber of the opposition in those games, but still impressive.

From what I've read it looks like Chelsea could be facing a 2 year transfer ban for violating FIFA rules on the signing of foreign players under the age of 18. Andreas Christensen and Bertrand Traore are apparently the players involved. The positive side of the outcome, if they are guilty, is the wicked witch of west London won't be able to make anymore stupid signings for 2 years.

There are also supposedly 4 other EPL clubs being investigated for the same violations, but haven't been named and they haven't admitted to being one of them. Rumour has it that City is one, which is not surprising. Man U would be my next pick. Liverpool.

On a different subject, is anyone paying attention to the Nations League (or this thread)? I'm not even sure how it works yet. Interesting that Spain started well but has recently lost games to England and Croatia, which mean they could relegated to Group B depending upon the outcome of the England-Croatia match on Sunday. But then what? They do it all again?

Still here occasionally, but the format change has lost me (and a lot of others). Haven't heard that about Chelsea (thought it should have happened years ago ), but have read about Man City's FFP issues, which if true, should get them a lengthy UCL ban and fine 'Course, with Sheikh Mansour's billions, a fine won't matter. I can't even figure out why there is a Nations League.

Arse4ever, I realize you are obsessed with FFP (UEFA), but what Chelsea and 4 other EPL clubs are being investigated for is possible contravention of FIFA's rules governing the transfer of players, specifically under 18 foreign players. Unrelated. And you might want to be careful because Arsenal could be one of the five. Only Chelsea has publicly acknowledged being part of the investigation.

Big comeback yesterday for England to beat Croatia and advance to the semis along with Portugal and Switzerland (speaking of comebacks!). Belgium falls short once again. The Netherlands are in a good position to claim the fourth spot, but one can never count the Germans out.

steve8 posted:

The Arsenal-Spurs game on Sunday was entertaining. Unlike the Wolves-Chelsea game yesterday. Defense just broke down for 5 minutes.

Futronic, Hughes got fired. Happy now?

Very much so! I still think Southampton have a good chance of being relegated at this rate.

Good result for Chelsea against City. I think City really missed Aguero, and this once again confirms that Sterling shouldn't play as a false nine. He's much better playing from either wing where he can use his pace.

jcocktosten posted:

Have to say I don't like David Luiz but he played an excellent game against City

Yes he did and I'm sure from my posts here before you've noted I feel the same way about him.  It will probably be his last season with Chelsea if some other club is willing to give him more than a 1 year contract.

Kante also played well. Maybe it had something to do with the position Sarri finally allowed him to play.

Should be some interesting CL games today. Spurs pretty much need to beat Barca and Liverpool has to beat Napoli by a few. At Anfield they're capable.

I liked this post from the Guardian this morning.

United become everything they laughed once. Spending money like City, talking about history like Liverpool, aiming 4th place like Arsenal and changing managers like Chelsea.

Giggs would be the smart choice for United to replace him. Or Eddie Howe. Hopefully they won't choose smart and instead pick Zidane or Conte. Big Sam as the interim to keep them up?

His ego is too big now and he ends up pissing his players off. I can't speak too badly of him though as he did lead Chelsea to 3 league titles.

Apparently sacking him is going to cost ManUre about £15 million. Add that to the "compensation packages" he received from Porto, Chelsea, Inter/RM, RM again and Chelsea again. Not bad.

jabe11 posted:

A couple of great wins for Leicester.  Now if Fulham could only get in gear.

Peterborough having a good run but have tapered off, and Norwich also making a serious promotion run.

Even better run for Portsmouth, but they have also tapered off recently, especially dropping the game against Gillingham on Saturday. I'm still confident that Pompey can get promoted.

As for Leicester City, definitely playing well recently. Beat Chelsea, beat City and took City to penalties in the League Cup.

I wonder how Mourinho has enjoyed the last 2 ManUre games? To be fair to him, the players should be ashamed of themselves too.

Salah is a diver and hopefully the refs have that in their heads going forward. Despite that fact, they crushed Arsenal. I would have preferred a draw but the result puts some space between the Gooners and Chelsea for 4th spot.

Looking forward to the City-Liverpool game on Thursday.

Well entertaining game.  Pep outmanaged Klopp in that game IMO.  Liverpool's lineup was too defensive and they could not keep the ball.  

Alexander-Arnold had one good cross and spent the rest of the game giving the ball away repeatedly and getting toasted on defense

Here is a pet peeve - Man City deserved to win the game so no gripe about that and I know the refs always allow the time wasting but it was particularly egregious today. 

Pep's rant at the refs took about a minute; Edison took 45 seconds or longer for his last goal kick and was not carded, the crowd and usher or whatever the sideline guy refuse to give the ball for the throw in twice in a row and only 18 seconds are added?  

How Bernardo only gets one yellow is also a mystery.  

Anyway, the result will lead to a more exciting title run so that's fine.

jcocktosten posted:
Pep's rant at the refs took about a minute; Edison took 45 seconds or longer for his last goal kick and was not carded,

He was carded for that.

Watched the Chelsea-Forest FA Cup game yesterday. Apparently Febregas' last game for the Blues. You know I didn't shed any tears. Morata was an odd scene in the game. Scored two, but showed zero pleasure. Missed one I could have redirected into the net and then went straight down the tunnel after being subbed. Is he on his way too?

Chelsea would be insane to sell Hudson-Odoi to Bayern, even for 30 million sterling. He was superb yesterday and I'm sick and tired of Chelsea's abysmal record of bringing up their academy players. But with that stupid fucken witch in charge of transfers, who knows?

Signing Pulisic tells me she is preparing to sell Hazard, which I'm OK with. He wants to play for Real Madrid. Just make sure you get 150 million for him.

Considering how Real Madrid is flailing a bit in La Liga this campaign, I'd be flabbergasted if they didn't make a move for Hazard this summer.  Interest is mutual, and Chelsea needs to give minutes to CHO and Pulisic to determine if they're the real deal.  And they can take the transfer fees and hopefully finally find someone approaching world class striker level.  Morata needs to go, and he won't have cleared even the low bar set by Fernando Torres as wildly overpriced rot........

Bayern has upped their offer for Hudson-Odoi to £35 million and apparently the player wants to leave. Granovskaia is going to fold like a house of cards.

Prosys, I'd rather they didn't spend big on a striker right now. Especially if that striker is called Higuain. They're not going to win the EPL this year so hold steady and bring Abraham back in the summer. If someone wants to make an offer for Morata, I agree with you about letting him go.

FA Cup. Arsenal v ManUre. Here's hoping for a draw and a replay.

Spurs v Chelsea in the first leg of the League Cup semis today. Two clubs whose fans have been behaving badly recently.

Definitely don't want the Blues to panic and get an overpriced and washed up chump like Higuain now.  I'Ve got mixed feelings about the Cavani rumors.  He's not a youngster anymore.  But damned if I can't ever forget how much of a sniper he was during his heyday with Napoli.  If he performs at even a couple levels below his Napoli days, that's a big improvement over what the squad has been getting from the 9 in recent memory.

We'll see if they bring Tammy back, and if he's the solution.  

Some breathing room between the Blues and Gunners for the 4th spot with a big game between the two next Saturday. Seems to be a good time to play Arsenal as they're struggling as of late. Not that Chelsea is playing with great confidence.

Need a draw today between Spurs and ManUre, even if hoping for a point for that latter makes me feel dirty.

There's no chance for United to challenge for the title this year. But if Ole's able to steer the team to a top four finish, that would be one heck of a result.

Spurs are without Kane until March, supposedly, after twisting his ankle at the end of the MU match, but he may be back sooner if his priors are an indication. With Son off to the Asian games as well, that only leaves Moura and Llorente to lead the line, as Poch has no interest in playing Janssen (remember him?!?). With no signings expected in the window, I wouldn't be surprised to see drop a significant amount of points, lose to Chelsea in the second leg of the Carabao Cup semi, and get knocked out of the Champions League all in the next month and a bit.

That would be a real shame if Spurs don't have Kane or Son for the 2nd leg of the League Cup. Unfortunately that won't help Chelsea score goals which is their problem. But wait, it seems the aforementioned Higuain is on his way to west London and if what I've read is true I can't blame Granovskaia. Sarri reportedly put the pressure on her to bring in another of his Napoli boys. With Morata reportedly heading to Atletico where he'll challenge Costa for the job.

Now Sarri wants a midfielder to replace Fabregas, who didn't start too many games that I recall because Jorginho is exhausted. Halfway through the season I'll state I'm not that impressed with Jorginho. Terrific at 90° passes, but not a play maker. And do we really need more mid-fielders?

Steve and other Chelsea fans, what are your thoughts on Sarri and what he is doing?  I don't understand it at all.  Maybe it is only the games I watch, but Hazard and Kante are the 2 best players on the team and they are both playing out of position and look miserable and terrible.  Perhaps Jorginho is great, but he blows in every game I see.  Decent passing but terrible defending, ball winning and toughness and with Luiz back there, you need someone who can cover.  I simply don't get it at all.  I am no expert and only see some of their games but I do not get the Jorginho situation at all.

Gunners outclassed them massively today.  Bellerin's injury looks bad though.

jcocktosten posted:

Steve and other Chelsea fans, what are your thoughts on Sarri and what he is doing?  I don't understand it at all.  Maybe it is only the games I watch, but Hazard and Kante are the 2 best players on the team and they are both playing out of position and look miserable and terrible.  Perhaps Jorginho is great, but he blows in every game I see.  Decent passing but terrible defending, ball winning and toughness and with Luiz back there, you need someone who can cover.  I simply don't get it at all.  I am no expert and only see some of their games but I do not get the Jorginho situation at all.

At this point I have to say that Sarri is the second most stubborn manager around. The first is currently unemployed. And now he's publicly deriding his players. I've seen this movie before. Sarri just continues to essentially start the same eleven players every BPL game and is surprised the results are usually the same. Against most of the lesser quality (expensive) teams they manage to squeak out results. I also thought a couple of the substitutions he made yesterday were a total waste. Down 2-0 and make a couple of like-for-like changes in Barkley for Kovacic and Hudson-Odoi for Pedro. He should have taken Jorginho off for one of those attackers.

Jorginho. I've stated several times here that I didn't see what the big deal was about him. Yesterday's game was even worse. Ramsay had his number and just shut him down so he couldn't even make his useless sideways passes. Sarri is making excuses by saying he's exhausted, but if that's the case, give him a couple of weeks off. Nothing to lose imo.

If I was king I would sit Jorginho, put Kante in his natural role, move Luiz up to attacking midfield, put Christensen or even Ampadu in the backfield. Recently Luiz has been the only player who has looked creative going forward and as I've said before, his defensive play is spotty at best. They should also play a striker, whether that is Giroud, Morata or the next flavour of the day.

I don't blame Hudson-Odoi for wanting to leave. Sarri is only giving him lip service. I sincerley hope Chelsea is found guilty of the charges concerning the rules about transfers of under-18's and gets a 2 year transfer ban. That will force them to look at the significant talent they have in London or on loan. There was an article in the Guardian this morning with a postmortem analysis of Chelsea and concluding management has no long term plan and hasn't for several years. I agree completely and I have no doubt that's why Michael Emenalo quit in 2017 as technical director and unsurprisingly has not been replaced. Why would anyone want the job of being Granovskaia's puppet?

The best part of yesterday's game was when the camera showed Ozil on the Arsenal bench and the commentator mentioned he is getting paid £350,000/week for 150 minutes played this year. My quick back of napkin math tells me he's getting paid more than £50,000/minute.

steve8 posted:
jcocktosten posted:

At this point I have to say that Sarri is the second most stubborn manager around. The first is currently unemployed. And now he's publicly deriding his players. I've seen this movie before. Sarri just continues to essentially start the same eleven players every BPL game and is surprised the results are usually the same. Against most of the lesser quality (expensive) teams they manage to squeak out results. I also thought a couple of the substitutions he made yesterday were a total waste. Down 2-0 and make a couple of like-for-like changes in Barkley for Kovacic and Hudson-Odoi for Pedro. He should have taken Jorginho off for one of those attackers.

Jorginho. I've stated several times here that I didn't see what the big deal was about him. Yesterday's game was even worse. Ramsay had his number and just shut him down so he couldn't even make his useless sideways passes. Sarri is making excuses by saying he's exhausted, but if that's the case, give him a couple of weeks off. Nothing to lose imo.

If I was king I would sit Jorginho, put Kante in his natural role, move Luiz up to attacking midfield, put Christensen or even Ampadu in the backfield. Recently Luiz has been the only player who has looked creative going forward and as I've said before, his defensive play is spotty at best. They should also play a striker, whether that is Giroud, Morata or the next flavour of the day.

I don't blame Hudson-Odoi for wanting to leave. Sarri is only giving him lip service. I sincerley hope Chelsea is found guilty of the charges concerning the rules about transfers of under-18's and gets a 2 year transfer ban. That will force them to look at the significant talent they have in London or on loan. There was an article in the Guardian this morning with a postmortem analysis of Chelsea and concluding management has no long term plan and hasn't for several years. I agree completely and I have no doubt that's why Michael Emenalo quit in 2017 as technical director and unsurprisingly has not been replaced. Why would anyone want the job of being Granovskaia's puppet?

The best part of yesterday's game was when the camera showed Ozil on the Arsenal bench and the commentator mentioned he is getting paid £350,000/week for 150 minutes played this year. My quick back of napkin math tells me he's getting paid more than £50,000/minute.

So in other words, not just me.  That was a crazy press conference   Ship appears to be sinking

jcocktosten posted:

So in other words, not just me. 

No, not just you. Sorry for the long winded reply/rant.

Reports that Morata is heading to Atletico on loan for the rest of the season and then a permanent transfer for £48.5 million. If that ends up happening I must give credit where credit is due. That would mean a loss of only £11.5 million on him, so if the witch can get that for a player who isn't worth a ball and pair of shoes, kudos to her.

Dele Alli is out for 6 weeks so along with Kane and Son Spurs are definitely missing some key attacking players for the game against Chelsea on Thursday.

ManU look to be a completely different team under Solskjaer. While he deserves credit, it is also a pretty damning statement about the professionalism of some of the players imo.

Good game on Thursday between Chelsea and Spurs. Blues did just enough. I'm looking forward to seeing what Higuain can do tomorrow.

Higuain didn't score on his debut, but he did have a couple of half chances. I would have been surprised had he scored in his first game, but he looked comfortable out there. It almost looked like Willian offered to let him take the penalty, but he turned it down.

Morata gone...for at least 18 months. Not sure I see the point of sending him on loan to another league. I question his ability to play in the PL. He's not tough enough.

Hudson-Odoi transfer request turned down as was the offer from Bayern. Hopefully the Blues give him more playing time and enough to make him want to stay beyond the summer. And hopefully they get a 2 year transfer ban so they will have to concentrate on what they already have instead of trying to buy the next big thing. It's getting difficult to remain a Chelsea fan these days with all of the turmoil.

Chelsea v ManUre in the FA Cup. The latter has been given a tough road so far with the draws.

Well that was an interesting day.  Arsenal got a second straight win with a clean sheet, despite missing most of their starting back line.  The City loss was huge for the title race.  That Fernandinho give away was crushing.  Man U dropped points as well, though they've come so far in the last month, that they are back in Champs League contention.  

The next month will be interesting for the table with European competition coming back.  City's next two games are vs Arsenal and Chelsea.  Liverpool has ManU and Bayern back to back in February.  Spurs will have to play Chelsea, Arsenal, and Dortmund in the span of a week at the end of February.  

Really looking forward to the Liverpool/Bayern match up, as well ManU/PSG games.  

steve8 posted:

Higuain didn't score on his debut, but he did have a couple of half chances. I would have been surprised had he scored in his first game, but he looked comfortable out there. It almost looked like Willian offered to let him take the penalty, but he turned it down.

Morata gone...for at least 18 months. Not sure I see the point of sending him on loan to another league. I question his ability to play in the PL. He's not tough enough.

Hudson-Odoi transfer request turned down as was the offer from Bayern. Hopefully the Blues give him more playing time and enough to make him want to stay beyond the summer. And hopefully they get a 2 year transfer ban so they will have to concentrate on what they already have instead of trying to buy the next big thing. It's getting difficult to remain a Chelsea fan these days with all of the turmoil.

Chelsea v ManUre in the FA Cup. The latter has been given a tough road so far with the draws.

+1.

im loving this follow Steve8 option on the new format on Ws

Leicester all the way. I want the title race to stay close.

So Sarri tells Hudson-Odoi to respect the academy for helping his development and that he is part of the future. Then turns around and doesn't even name him to the team today against Bournemouth.

steve8 posted:

Leicester all the way. I want the title race to stay close.

So Sarri tells Hudson-Odoi to respect the academy for helping his development and that he is part of the future. Then turns around and doesn't even name him to the team today against Bournemouth.

Nice performance Chelsea.  4-0 to Bournemouth.  Really

mimik posted:

I see Arsenal is doing quite well

They're tied with Chelsea in the standings for joint 4th/5th and Chelsea sucks. Draw your own conclusions.

I didn't see the Chelsea game yesterday, which is probably a good thing as I would almost certainly shopping for a new TV today. I read their travelling supporters were serenading Sarri with refrains of "You don't know what you're doing". Bad sign, but I have to agree with them. Same old tired starting line-up, but not even the same old tired result. Trying the same thing over again and getting the same results. Sarri publicly stating that maybe he is not capable of motivating this team. Not sure that's a wise career move when your boss is Roman Abramovitch. I wonder if Guus changed his phone number when he took the China U-21 job?

I watched the Chelsea game.  Classic David Luiz giving away a ball needlessly and then immediately conceding a goal.  It put them in a 2-0 hole and really changed the game.  Not sure what the away fans want.  They were chanting when Higuain came off and Giroud came in.  Sure its like for like, but Higuain is out of shape, and you can't play two big, slower guys up top together.  Neither plays off the ball all that well.  They are finishers who need service.  Willian was their only real option off the bench.  Barkley has been a disappointment.  And can we just get Kante back in the role he excels at, and get Jorginho off the field.  Leicester won with Kante playing in front of the back line.  The next year Chelsea did the same.  Sarri sure does seem like he is unable to change, and right now Chelsea seems to be struggling quite a bit.  Good for Arsenal fans like me.  Though the Gunners back line will probably be exposed for 4 goals this weekend against Man City, so I guess I'll enjoy it while I can.  

azwiese posted:

Not sure what the away fans want.

And can we just get Kante back in the role he excels at, and get Jorginho off the field.

This is what we want. And Barkley off for Hudson-Odoi or Loftus-Cheek. Barkley had a few good games at the beginning of the season, but he's been watching Jorginho too much and now we have two 90º passers which is a road to nowhere.

Enjoyed seeing the City-Arsenal result today. The top 3 have put some space between themselves and those in 4th to 6th. Would like to see West Ham beat Liverpool tomorrow.

Steve8 - Before you drive over to Squaw, I suggest you check their website. They normally close all of the upper mountain lifts during high winds, which doesn't leave a lot of terrain open. They were closed all day Sunday. Sorry your trip west has run into one of our bigger storms. Looking forward to Lake Louise/ Banff. Only been there in summer.

We did check the website at about 6:30 am but there was no indication they would not be open today. I-80 was a pretty slow drive and when we got there most of the lifts were either "on hold" or closed. The ones on the upper part of the mountain were closed and an employee told us it was very unlikely they would open.

It was not a total waste of time because we were able to get refunds even though the tickets were supposedly non-refundable. Not sure if we were able to because there was a German, Swede and Canadian and the manager felt sorry for us? The only one in our group who didn't get one was the guy who purchased his ticket through Liftopia. He will try to get a refund from them, but that is food for thought about future purchases. I didn't buy it through Liftopia because the prices was the same as the Squaw website.  I did use Liftopia for the Homewood ticket on Sunday.

All in all, a disappointing ski trip, but not much you can do about the weather. Sierra cement is an accurate description of the snow around here.

Back to football. The title race gets tighter. City v Chelsea on Sunday. We need a point from that.

Don't think there are any ManU fans on this Forum. Mostly Chelsea, Tottenham, and a few Arsenal. Those who do post, especially Steve8, vehemently hate the Red Devils. The fact they lost today in the UCL at home to PSG who played without Neymar and Cavani makes us all smile.

arsenal4ever posted:

Don't think there are any ManU fans on this Forum. Mostly Chelsea, Tottenham, and a few Arsenal. Those who do post, especially Steve8, vehemently hate the Red Devils. The fact they lost today in the UCL at home to PSG who played without Neymar and Cavani makes us all smile.

Don't forget City.   Lest we forget that Germany is also part of Europe.  BM & Dortmund

arsenal4ever posted:

Yes it does. The Pogba red card is just salt in the wound.

I'm still speechless about the City-Chelsea game on Sunday.  I'm finding it more difficult to maintain my patience with Sarri. He absolutely refuses to budge from his strategy and is now the dictionary definition of stupid by doing the same thing over and over again. I did like his comment about getting a phone call from Abramovich. "it would be nice to speak to him."

On that subject, I read that Abramovich has instructed his bankers to find a buyer for the club. I like the idea, but don't see how it will happen. The club owes him about a billion something. At that level does it matter if it's dollars, euros or sterling? Unless Roman is willing to take a big hit I can't see many people stepping up.

flwino posted:
arsenal4ever posted:

Don't forget City.   Lest we forget that Germany is also part of Europe.  BM & Dortmund

I've been a Dortmund fan since Pulisic started with them a few years ago.  Now that he is moving to Chelsea, I guess I'll be rooting for them next year.  I used to follow West Ham United as Jonathan Spector attended the same high school as I did. 

thelostverse posted:
flwino posted:
arsenal4ever posted:

I've been a Dortmund fan since Pulisic started with them a few years ago.  Now that he is moving to Chelsea, I guess I'll be rooting for them next year.  I used to follow West Ham United as Jonathan Spector attended the same high school as I did. 

Still not a Chelsea fan.  Dortmund tanked yesterday with the Spurs.

I don't know what Emery is doing with Ozil (and to a lesser extent, Ramsey).  If you can't drum up an attack against a top Belarusian squad, there is something seriously wrong.  There is no way that Iwobi should keep starting.  He goes at opponents, but all his attacking ends up with crap passes or he just loses possession.  Mikhi didn't look great today either.  But the way Emery sets it up, there is no room for an attacking central midfielder, and all Arsenal can do is hope that Kolasinic (who is an absolutely horrid defender right now) or Iwobi, or whoever is on the right flank, can somehow get the ball in to the center of the field.  There is no creativity at all.  And that'd be fine if Arsenal were getting clean sheets.  But they aren't.  Not against BATE, not against Cardiff, not against Huddersfield, definitely not against City.  

Missed opportunity for Liverpool today against ManUre, who surprisingly managed to make it through the game with 11 men on the field.

I just saw the starting 11 for Chelsea in the League Cup final. Just fucken shoot me.

Speaking of Chelsea, no tears here over the two transfer window ban from FIFA. Of course they appeal, but I hope this makes them look much more seriously at their younger players, many of whom are out on loan.

steve8 posted:

Missed opportunity for Liverpool today against ManUre, who surprisingly managed to make it through the game with 11 men on the field.

I just saw the starting 11 for Chelsea in the League Cup final. Just fucken shoot me.

Speaking of Chelsea, no tears here over the two transfer window ban from FIFA. Of course they appeal, but I hope this makes them look much more seriously at their younger players, many of whom are out on loan.

Just sent you a link with the premier league table Arsenal 3 points ahead. Good luck vs Tottenham 

Sarri should just wait for the sack at this point and cash out on one hell of a severance package. How many managers need to cycle through that club before Abramovich finally clues in that the locker room is poisonous and a full clearout is required?

Look at this partial list:

• Mourinho (twice)
  • Grant
  • Scolari
  • Hiddink (twice)
  • Ancelotti
  • Benitez
  • Conte
  • Sarri

Also, this may be the most awesome troll of all time. Someone updated Chelsea's Wiki entry overnight and lists Kepa as the current manager. Chelsea FC Managers - Wikipedia.

futronic posted:

Also, this may be the most awesome troll of all time. Someone updated Chelsea's Wiki entry overnight and lists Kepa as the current manager. Chelsea FC Managers - Wikipedia.

That is funny. Both Kepa and Sarri seem to be trying to sweep the whole thing under the rug as a misunderstanding. My initial thoughts yesterday were that the club should suspend Kepa. I felt bad for Sarri as it seems the team played pretty well in the game. It also seems to me that the captain on the field should have told Kepa to get off. I didn't see the game but I assume that was Azpilicueta as usual.

My favourite players, Jorginho and Luiz, both missed penalties with the former's being really pathetic.

steve8 posted:

Could not believe the injuries in first period.  Looked like a few walking wounded in the 2nd half.   

Chelsea needs to regroup.  Dump owner who is stupid when coming to the game and fire the coach.  Real embarassment

Glad that Sarri benched Kepa yesterday against Spurs. He should leave him there for the next game too. On top of that he was fined by the club for £170,000...one week's salary. I sure hope the boy doesn't starve to death.

Incredible own goal by Trippier yesterday to ice the game and their title hopes. Hoping for a draw and the usual volatility in the north London derby on the weekend. Kane was losing his cool yesterday.

steve8 posted:

Glad that Sarri benched Kepa yesterday against Spurs. He should leave him there for the next game too. On top of that he was fined by the club for £170,000...one week's salary. I sure hope the boy doesn't starve to death.

Incredible own goal by Trippier yesterday to ice the game and their title hopes. Hoping for a draw and the usual volatility in the north London derby on the weekend. Kane was losing his cool yesterday.

The own goal was quite a gaffe.  Luiz was totally baiting Kane and it worked

Mimik, you deleted your post about Fulham beating Chelsea? I didn't know trolls felt remorse.

Jorginho is going to have to score a lot more goals before he's off my shitlist. It caught my attention when Sarri took him off for Kovacic instead of the usual Kovacic-Barkley sub. Because he was on a yellow? Or because he looked weak defensively?

Liverpool is fading. Crumpling under the pressure. Another repeat of 2013-14?

I couldn't respond sooner because it took me this long to get my foot out of my mouth. I didn't see the game but have watched a replay of the penalty call. Pretty soft, but I'm not shedding any tears for PSG. All that money and still nothing to show for it in Europe.

How do Spurs beat Dortmund twice without allowing a goal and then lose to Southampton? I'm glad they did though. A few weeks ago it looked like they had a lock on at least 3rd place but have now slipped into a 4 way race for 3rd and 4th.

A good week in Europe for the EPL teams...err...except for Arsenal. At least now I know where Rennes is.

steve8 posted:

How do Spurs beat Dortmund twice without allowing a goal and then lose to Southampton? I'm glad they did though. A few weeks ago it looked like they had a lock on at least 3rd place but have now slipped into a 4 way race for 3rd and 4th.

A good week in Europe for the EPL teams...err...except for Arsenal. At least now I know where Rennes is.

It's Spurs being Spursy. At this rate, I think they'll finish out of the top four. Maybe even as low as sixth and there will be a return of St. Totteringham's Day.

Poch was clearly unimpressed with the performance. I watched the game, and they should have been at least two or three up at the half. They threw that game away. Not much that could be done with JWP's peach of a dead ball, but Spurs should have been running away with it by that point.

Interesting comments post match when asked about his team's performance:

"... was damning in his assessment of his Tottenham players after they threw away a first-half lead to lose 2-1 to Southampton, accusing them of “complacency” and “arrogance” and suggesting they do not have the mental strength required to win major honours." (from The Guardian)

At this rate, I think Poch walks in the summer and moves to Real. He'll get a huge amount of money to spend (something that will never happen at Spurs thanks to Levy and the new stadium on top of that), and I think he's just fed up with the situation and needs pastures anew.

And I just saw this a few minutes ago in the Birmingham derby between Birmingham City and Aston Villa ... a Birmingham spectator ran onto the field and assaulted Jack Grealish, hitting him in the head from behind. Absolutely disgusting and shameful. How did he get onto the pitch? I hope Birmingham is severely sanctioned for this. Stadium ban, points deduction, and even more. Disgusting.

Should be an interesting run-in to the end of the EPL season for 3rd and 4th. Arsenal have the easier of the schedule, but their inconsistent play, especially away from home, could cost them a Champions League spot (again). They play at Everton, Watford, Leicester, and Burnley, all mid pack.

ManU home to Man City and Chelsea

Chelsea away to Pool and ManU

Tottenham away to Pool and Man City

Rooting for Liverpool to take the title. They don't skirt the rules like City.

arsenal4ever posted:

Should be an interesting run-in to the end of the EPL season for 3rd and 4th. Arsenal have the easier of the schedule, but their inconsistent play, especially away from home, could cost them a Champions League spot (again). They play at Everton, Watford, Leicester, and Burnley, all mid pack.

We can only hope 

I'm conflicted because I'm a Juve supporter, but not a Ronaldo fan. I guess that's what 232 million Euros buys you? It was a cracker of a game, though.

Pleased to have the team move on to the quarters and am looking forward to the draw on Friday. Juve to draw United?

All 4 EPL teams through to the quarters. Hopefully they don't all draw each other. Fut, Juve-ManUre sounds good as long as Juve win.

Europa League. I can't find any information about why Lacazette's 3 game suspension was reduced to two by UEFA? When one considers that UEFA also switched the games giving the Gooners home field for the second leg a cynic might think that Arsenal did some coaxing, bribing, etc...

I hope Sarri is paying attention to the game today. That starting eleven is getting closer to the one I think he should go with. Exceptions being Azp and Hazard instead of Zappacosta and Kovacic.

Steve,

Obviously I want Juve to go through, regardless of the opponent.

As for why Arsenal ended up with the second leg at home despite the draw, I'd imagine it's due to the fact that they didn't want two matches in the same city at the same time for police/security/transport reasons. Both Chelsea and Arsenal were supposed to have their first legs at home last Thursday. Why Arsenal and not Chelsea had their tie switched, I don't know. Could have been drawing of lots.

Laca's ban reduction was weird though. Three games for violent conduct (elbow) should mean three games.

Tomorrow's draw will be interesting. From the quarter-finals onward, there's no protection against drawing teams from the same federation.

Watch this happen: Manchester derby with Liverpool/Spurs, or Liverpool/City Juve/United. And then a London derby in the Europa league.

I hope it doesn't, as the whole point of European competition is to have teams from different leagues play one another.

Following up on my comment yesterday about why the Arsenal tie was switched, I was right in the fact that UEFA has a stipulation that two ties can't be played in the same city in the same week for security/safety reasons. Not only the same day, the same week. The reason why Arsenal's tie was switched and not Chelsea's was that Chelsea finished higher in the table last year. That's an odd one, however, as the switch meant that Arsenal, not Chelsea, received the second leg at home. I guess the rule is such that the lower ranked team has the tie switched, regardless of the location of the home tie order.

The same thing happened this morning with United. Their tie with Barcelona was switched because City finished higher in the table.

Speaking of the CL draw, talk about some tasty draws (first leg at home listed first)*:

• Ajax v Juventus
  • Liverpool v Porto
  • Spurs v City
  • Barcelona v United*

*United will play the home leg first as per UEFA:

"A reminder that Man City and Manchester United are not able to play at home on the same night, nor on consecutive nights, following a decision made by the relevant local authorities. The first leg of Manchester United v Barcelona will therefore be at Old Trafford."

Semi-final draw is as follows:

• Spurs/City v Ajax/Juventus
  • United/Barcelona v Liverpool/Porto

Nice draw for Juve, but they need to be prepared for Ajax. Ajax did quite the number of Real last week.

I knew about the city of Manchester having a rule about City and United not playing at the same time, which makes sense. The stadiums are pretty close together and Manchester isn't that big. Now London is a much bigger city and the Emirates and Stamford Bridge are not even close to each other. If it was the Gunners and Spurs, I could see it. Or Chelsea and Fulham. I did not know UEFA had a rule about it.

Good draws in the CL and Europa League. In the CL I think Juve, City, Barcelona and Liverpool should go through. Napoli drew Arsenal instead of Chelsea, which would have been interesting.

UEFA has a ton of little stipulations that come into play. Things like Russian and Ukrainian teams not being able to draw one another, etc. If there were ever a situation where teams from both countries made later rounds, they'd need to play games in neutral grounds.

A few days late with this comment but...After a strong game against Dynamo Kiev with a different starting eleven, Sarri goes back to the same old team sheet for Everton with the same tired result. Can he really be this blind? WTF does Giroud have to do to get a start in EPL? And how often does Alonso have to make boneheaded defensive plays before he spends some quality time on the bench? I won't even mention the psuedo-attacking central midfielder because I've been done with him for a few weeks.

It looks like our best chance to qualify for the CL is to win the Europa League. Hopefully Sarri doesn't come to this realization and switch the team sheets.

Watching Chelsea play these days is like watching paint dry. Completely undeserved victory over the mighty Cardiff.

The only interesting part of the game was when Sarri took Jorginho off (again) after another pointless performance. Hopefully that was the reason and not the fact he was on a yellow card. I can't diss Sarri for starting the same 11 players because this time he made two changes, both head scratchingly stupid but hey, better than nothing.

At least Spurs lost. One point separates 3rd and 6th place. Need Newcastle to take points from Arsenal tomorrow.

Maybe the Chelsea fans serenades finally got to Sarri as he really changed the starting eleven. And surprise, a different result. Both Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi very involved. Very tight race(s) at the top of the table. Thank you Wolves!

Not so tight at the bottom as Fulham joins Huddersfield in the Championship next year. I thought they would do better.

Dortmund seem to be slipping after a strong start to their season. I was surprised how meekly they went down to Spurs in the CL.

Good result from Everton this morning against Arsenal. Keeps that race for 3rd and 4th in the EPL close.

The Wolves-Watford FA Cup game was a good one to watch. I thought Wolves had it in the bag at 2-0 with about 10 minutes left to go.

It appears the love affair between ManU and Solskjær is over. They've lost 4 of the last 5 games in all competitions, dropped down to 6th in the EPL and the media and fans are starting to grumble. Even the one victory (over Watford) in that stretch of games was unconvincing. They play West Ham at Old Trafford tomorrow which should be easy for them, but I hope not.

There seems to be an increase in racist incidents at European games these days. Ugly. How stoopid do you have to be to film yourself making racist chants, post it online and then try to get in to the stadium to watch a game...in a country you had to travel some distance to?

Big game on Sunday between Liverpool and Chelsea. Here's to a repeat of the same fixture in 2014 when the Blues beat the Reds 2-0 effectively ending Liverpool's chances of winning the title and handing it to...Manchester City. Chelsea finished third that season.

steve8 posted:

Big game on Sunday between Liverpool and Chelsea. Here's to a repeat of the same fixture in 2014 when the Blues beat the Reds 2-0 effectively ending Liverpool's chances of winning the title and handing it to...Manchester City. Chelsea finished third that season.

Wait a sec, you want Man city to win the title?

jabe11 posted:
steve8 posted:

Wait a sec, you want Man city to win the title?

I'm kind of indifferent to who wins the title. Part of me would like to see Liverpool win because it has been a long time since they won it. Never won the PL since it was formed. However, Chelsea finishing in the top 4 is more important to me and beating Pool today is pretty important to achieving that.

I will also say that part of me wouldn't mind seeing City win the quadruple as that would be some achievement.

steve8 posted:

How did that go for ya?

Spanked by Liverpool.

jcocktosten posted:

Arsenal was very lucky to get by Watford.  Weakest red card I have seen in a while

+1 That was a yellow card, no more. Watford played very well for the rest of the game with 10 men.

VAR. I'm not a fan. Too disruptive to the game in many cases and I think it's going to result in lazy refereeing. I don't even know why they used it in the City-Spurs game on that last disallowed City goal. Spurs players weren't asking for it. The ref checks just in case? Pfffft. Not to take anything away from Spurs as they scored 3 goals at the Ethiad compared to none for City at Tottenham. Fun game to watch.

A4ever, if Cardiff goes down they might also want to think about the fact they didn't score a single goal against Huddersfield in their two league games. Azp was offside but in a 38 game season a team can't pick a single incident as the reason for their failure.

Steve8 - It was such a blatant offside that everybody in the stadium saw it except the ones that counted. Yes, there are numerous bad calls throughout a 38-game season, and many missed opportunities, but Azp's goal has huge financial implications for Cardiff and those fighting for the UCL next season. VAR will slow the play next season, but I'd rather see them get the calls right.

jcocktosten posted:

Interesting day.  Everton destroys ManU.  Liverpool does what it needs to and Palace beats the Gooners

Any day on which both ManU and Arsenal lose is a great day of football, especially the way United lost.

Now if only today could end up being as good!

steve8 posted:
jcocktosten posted:

Interesting day.  Everton destroys ManU.  Liverpool does what it needs to and Palace beats the Gooners

Any day on which both ManU and Arsenal lose is a great day of football, especially the way United lost.

Now if only today could end up being as good!

Not so much - Burnley played tough but Chelsea should be winning games like that.  I still don't get what the big to do was at the end of the game

jcocktosten posted:

Not so much - Burnley played tough but Chelsea should be winning games like that. 

Absolutely should be winning that game at home with a top 4 place on the line, expecially considering their rivals all lost on the weekend. Pathetic and further evidence that City and Liverpool are in a class of their own in the EPL this season. Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU and Tottenham are way behind them, but at least the latter has a chance to salvage something in the CL.

Kovacic looked good for a few games at the beginning of the season but he has done nothing this calendar year.  Send him back to Real Madrid. Higuain too. I sincerely hope Chelsea lose their transfer ban appeal and they bring back Zouma, Abraham, Mount and Tomori from loans. What a shame that Hudson-Odoi is out for the rest of the season with a ruptured achilles.

steve8 posted:
What a shame that Hudson-Odoi is out for the rest of the season with a ruptured achilles.

He should be out for quite some time.  Might help Chelsea keep the player.  Fully healthy and he'd be playing in Munich next year.

Arsenal sure is trying to make it 3 years in a row in Europa league.  Are they seriously playing like this with Champs league on the line?  Watching Ramsey carry the Gunners over the past few weeks makes me question Emery's tactics moving forward.  He doesn't trust Ramsey to fit, but you can put an error prone, non-defensive mid like Xhaka in the lineup week in and week out?  Arsenal spent a lot of money on Lacazette and Aubumayeng.  They need to come up huge in these games.  

azwiese posted:
steve8 posted:
What a shame that Hudson-Odoi is out for the rest of the season with a ruptured achilles.

He should be out for quite some time.  Might help Chelsea keep the player.  Fully healthy and he'd be playing in Munich next year.

Arsenal sure is trying to make it 3 years in a row in Europa league.  Are they seriously playing like this with Champs league on the line?  Watching Ramsey carry the Gunners over the past few weeks makes me question Emery's tactics moving forward.  He doesn't trust Ramsey to fit, but you can put an error prone, non-defensive mid like Xhaka in the lineup week in and week out?  Arsenal spent a lot of money on Lacazette and Aubumayeng.  They need to come up huge in these games.  

I don't think Lacazette or Aubumayeng are the problem - they have largely played well in my opinion.  Poor midfield and defense is a much bigger problem.  I agree with you, how Ramsey is not playing regularly with those guys they keep throwing out there is beyond me.

Frickin' clown show is the race for 3rd and 4th. A war of attrition. They all suck. At least Chelsea and Arsenal also have a chance in the Europa League. Meet each other in the final?

I think Arsenal's problems are mostly defensive. How pathetic was Sokratis on the third Wolves game the other day? Koscielny is not the player he used to be. Mustafi is incredibly inconsistent.

steve8 posted:

Spurs lose to West Ham at home as the incompetence of the also-rans continues. Next up, Arsenal and their pathetic away record play Leicester at the King Power tomorrow. Along with the totally unpredictable clash between ManUre and Chelsea.

I’m not too hopeful on Arsenal but less so with Chelsea. We shall see

flwino posted:

no body wants the top four slots?

I hope either Arsenal or Chelsea win the Europa league and finish in the top 4. That way the EPL will only get 3 teams in the CL next year. They don't deserve any more than that. Obviously I have a slight preference which team wins it.

As for the Chelsea-ManU struggle on Sunday, does Higuain even know what offside is? Sure a striker is going to get caught once or twice a game, but I lost count of how many times he was called for it on Sunday. Failed loan. Send him back along with Kovacic who just apes Jorginho and his sideway passes. Zero creativity between those two. I almost miss Fabregas.

I need to stop watching Chelsea games for the rest of this season. Frustrating as hell. I made a near perfect pizza carbonara to enjoy while watching the second half of the game on Sunday but it took much of the pleasure out of the pizza.

Liverpool were outclassed by Barca, period. And now possibly without Salah for the return leg, they are toast. They were very fortunate to win the game against Newcastle. 

I wish I could laugh about the Spurs loss to Bournemouth yesterday but I'm watching the Chelsea-Watford game and for some reason I'm not in a laughing mood. Good for Cahill on his public criticism of Sarri. Last EPL game in a blue shirt at Stamford Bridge for Hazard? I think so and I don't blame him for leaving. 

I cannot believe that Granit Xhaka still plays for Arsenal.  He makes the most boneheaded plays that actually lead directly to goals for the opposition, but Emery still plays him.  It's unreal.  I'd rather have Guendouzi or even Elneny.  I loved the lineup today with the exception of him...and the entire Arsenal defense.  They have to improve on that next year...something that every Arsenal fan has said for the past 3 years, yet we are still yet to see significant improvement.  Koscielny can stay, but Monreal and Socratis are best as bench options.  Mustafi needs to go.  No idea what Lichsteiner is doing on the squad.  Bellerin is quality, and hopefully he comes back strong from injury.  Maitland Niles also looks up to it.  

The only saving grace is that Chelski is in the Champs League already.  If both Chelsea and Arsenal get to the championship of the Europa League, hopefully they won't be as motivated as their cross town rivals. 

arsenal4ever posted:

Agree on Xhaka, Monreal, Mustafi. Neither would have ever played on Arsenal teams from 1996- 2014. Shows how bad we've fallen.

Except that Monreal has been with the Gunners since 2013? That was a nice dive from him yesterday btw.

As for the results yesterday, I think the expression would usually be "the cream rises to the top", but in this instance I think "shit floats" is more fitting. However, I'll take it. Neither United or Arsenal in the top 4 is sweet. 

He’ll be even happier to know it’s been 5,120 days and counting since ARSE could be called Premier League titleholders.  

And that it’s been 1,087 days and counting since the last St Totteringham’s Day.  

As well as infinity days since ARSE hoisted a Champions League/Euro Cup trophy.  Go ahead and gaze wistfully at the Big Ears hardware much as the legendary Thierry Henry did after receiving his consolation prize......

steve8 posted:

Liverpool were outclassed by Barca, period. And now possibly without Salah for the return leg, they are toast. They were very fortunate to win the game against Newcastle. 

What wines pair well with crow?

Kudos to Liverpool for beating Barcelona 4-0 without Salah or Firminho. Suarez was right, he didn't celebrate scoring a goal in front of the Anfield crowd. At least he didn't bite anyone either.

A4ever, thanks for rubbing in the fact that I didn't get to ski Squaw.

Prosys, I actually despise ManUre much more than Arsenal so their failings are far more enjoyable.

That game was ridiculous.  The spine of Barca looked old.  Suarez, Busquets, and Pique weren't good enough yesterday.  Alba has kind of leveled off at a good but not great player.  No one has filled the shoes of Xavi or Iniesta.  Poor Coutinho looks brilliant in some games, brutal in others.  I'd take him any day of the week though.  

I just wish Arsenal would have gotten Klopp.  The mental toughness that he gets his guys to play with, at both Dortmund and Liverpool, is amazing (and it's been the thing...along with a decent back line...that the Gunners have been missing for years)  If you did a side-by-side with City, there's no way you say that Liverpool has the quality that City has.  Same as when he was at Dortmund and you compared them to Munich.  But as a team, Liverpool is amazing to watch.  

Add Reply

Likes (0)