Leicester all the way. I want the title race to stay close.

So Sarri tells Hudson-Odoi to respect the academy for helping his development and that he is part of the future. Then turns around and doesn't even name him to the team today against Bournemouth.

steve8 posted:

Leicester all the way. I want the title race to stay close.

So Sarri tells Hudson-Odoi to respect the academy for helping his development and that he is part of the future. Then turns around and doesn't even name him to the team today against Bournemouth.

Nice performance Chelsea.  4-0 to Bournemouth.  Really

mimik posted:

I see Arsenal is doing quite well

They're tied with Chelsea in the standings for joint 4th/5th and Chelsea sucks. Draw your own conclusions.

I didn't see the Chelsea game yesterday, which is probably a good thing as I would almost certainly shopping for a new TV today. I read their travelling supporters were serenading Sarri with refrains of "You don't know what you're doing". Bad sign, but I have to agree with them. Same old tired starting line-up, but not even the same old tired result. Trying the same thing over again and getting the same results. Sarri publicly stating that maybe he is not capable of motivating this team. Not sure that's a wise career move when your boss is Roman Abramovitch. I wonder if Guus changed his phone number when he took the China U-21 job?

I watched the Chelsea game.  Classic David Luiz giving away a ball needlessly and then immediately conceding a goal.  It put them in a 2-0 hole and really changed the game.  Not sure what the away fans want.  They were chanting when Higuain came off and Giroud came in.  Sure its like for like, but Higuain is out of shape, and you can't play two big, slower guys up top together.  Neither plays off the ball all that well.  They are finishers who need service.  Willian was their only real option off the bench.  Barkley has been a disappointment.  And can we just get Kante back in the role he excels at, and get Jorginho off the field.  Leicester won with Kante playing in front of the back line.  The next year Chelsea did the same.  Sarri sure does seem like he is unable to change, and right now Chelsea seems to be struggling quite a bit.  Good for Arsenal fans like me.  Though the Gunners back line will probably be exposed for 4 goals this weekend against Man City, so I guess I'll enjoy it while I can.  

azwiese posted:

Not sure what the away fans want.

And can we just get Kante back in the role he excels at, and get Jorginho off the field.

This is what we want. And Barkley off for Hudson-Odoi or Loftus-Cheek. Barkley had a few good games at the beginning of the season, but he's been watching Jorginho too much and now we have two 90º passers which is a road to nowhere.

Enjoyed seeing the City-Arsenal result today. The top 3 have put some space between themselves and those in 4th to 6th. Would like to see West Ham beat Liverpool tomorrow.

Steve8 - Before you drive over to Squaw, I suggest you check their website. They normally close all of the upper mountain lifts during high winds, which doesn't leave a lot of terrain open. They were closed all day Sunday. Sorry your trip west has run into one of our bigger storms. Looking forward to Lake Louise/ Banff. Only been there in summer.

We did check the website at about 6:30 am but there was no indication they would not be open today. I-80 was a pretty slow drive and when we got there most of the lifts were either "on hold" or closed. The ones on the upper part of the mountain were closed and an employee told us it was very unlikely they would open.

It was not a total waste of time because we were able to get refunds even though the tickets were supposedly non-refundable. Not sure if we were able to because there was a German, Swede and Canadian and the manager felt sorry for us? The only one in our group who didn't get one was the guy who purchased his ticket through Liftopia. He will try to get a refund from them, but that is food for thought about future purchases. I didn't buy it through Liftopia because the prices was the same as the Squaw website.  I did use Liftopia for the Homewood ticket on Sunday.

All in all, a disappointing ski trip, but not much you can do about the weather. Sierra cement is an accurate description of the snow around here.

Back to football. The title race gets tighter. City v Chelsea on Sunday. We need a point from that.

Don't think there are any ManU fans on this Forum. Mostly Chelsea, Tottenham, and a few Arsenal. Those who do post, especially Steve8, vehemently hate the Red Devils. The fact they lost today in the UCL at home to PSG who played without Neymar and Cavani makes us all smile.

arsenal4ever posted:

Don't think there are any ManU fans on this Forum. Mostly Chelsea, Tottenham, and a few Arsenal. Those who do post, especially Steve8, vehemently hate the Red Devils. The fact they lost today in the UCL at home to PSG who played without Neymar and Cavani makes us all smile.

Don't forget City.   Lest we forget that Germany is also part of Europe.  BM & Dortmund

arsenal4ever posted:

Yes it does. The Pogba red card is just salt in the wound.

I'm still speechless about the City-Chelsea game on Sunday.  I'm finding it more difficult to maintain my patience with Sarri. He absolutely refuses to budge from his strategy and is now the dictionary definition of stupid by doing the same thing over and over again. I did like his comment about getting a phone call from Abramovich. "it would be nice to speak to him."

On that subject, I read that Abramovich has instructed his bankers to find a buyer for the club. I like the idea, but don't see how it will happen. The club owes him about a billion something. At that level does it matter if it's dollars, euros or sterling? Unless Roman is willing to take a big hit I can't see many people stepping up.

flwino posted:
arsenal4ever posted:

Don't forget City.   Lest we forget that Germany is also part of Europe.  BM & Dortmund

I've been a Dortmund fan since Pulisic started with them a few years ago.  Now that he is moving to Chelsea, I guess I'll be rooting for them next year.  I used to follow West Ham United as Jonathan Spector attended the same high school as I did. 

thelostverse posted:
flwino posted:
arsenal4ever posted:

I've been a Dortmund fan since Pulisic started with them a few years ago.  Now that he is moving to Chelsea, I guess I'll be rooting for them next year.  I used to follow West Ham United as Jonathan Spector attended the same high school as I did. 

Still not a Chelsea fan.  Dortmund tanked yesterday with the Spurs.

I don't know what Emery is doing with Ozil (and to a lesser extent, Ramsey).  If you can't drum up an attack against a top Belarusian squad, there is something seriously wrong.  There is no way that Iwobi should keep starting.  He goes at opponents, but all his attacking ends up with crap passes or he just loses possession.  Mikhi didn't look great today either.  But the way Emery sets it up, there is no room for an attacking central midfielder, and all Arsenal can do is hope that Kolasinic (who is an absolutely horrid defender right now) or Iwobi, or whoever is on the right flank, can somehow get the ball in to the center of the field.  There is no creativity at all.  And that'd be fine if Arsenal were getting clean sheets.  But they aren't.  Not against BATE, not against Cardiff, not against Huddersfield, definitely not against City.  

Missed opportunity for Liverpool today against ManUre, who surprisingly managed to make it through the game with 11 men on the field.

I just saw the starting 11 for Chelsea in the League Cup final. Just fucken shoot me.

Speaking of Chelsea, no tears here over the two transfer window ban from FIFA. Of course they appeal, but I hope this makes them look much more seriously at their younger players, many of whom are out on loan.

steve8 posted:

Missed opportunity for Liverpool today against ManUre, who surprisingly managed to make it through the game with 11 men on the field.

I just saw the starting 11 for Chelsea in the League Cup final. Just fucken shoot me.

Speaking of Chelsea, no tears here over the two transfer window ban from FIFA. Of course they appeal, but I hope this makes them look much more seriously at their younger players, many of whom are out on loan.

Just sent you a link with the premier league table Arsenal 3 points ahead. Good luck vs Tottenham 

Sarri should just wait for the sack at this point and cash out on one hell of a severance package. How many managers need to cycle through that club before Abramovich finally clues in that the locker room is poisonous and a full clearout is required?

Look at this partial list:

• Mourinho (twice)
  • Grant
  • Scolari
  • Hiddink (twice)
  • Ancelotti
  • Benitez
  • Conte
  • Sarri

Also, this may be the most awesome troll of all time. Someone updated Chelsea's Wiki entry overnight and lists Kepa as the current manager. Chelsea FC Managers - Wikipedia.

futronic posted:

Also, this may be the most awesome troll of all time. Someone updated Chelsea's Wiki entry overnight and lists Kepa as the current manager. Chelsea FC Managers - Wikipedia.

That is funny. Both Kepa and Sarri seem to be trying to sweep the whole thing under the rug as a misunderstanding. My initial thoughts yesterday were that the club should suspend Kepa. I felt bad for Sarri as it seems the team played pretty well in the game. It also seems to me that the captain on the field should have told Kepa to get off. I didn't see the game but I assume that was Azpilicueta as usual.

My favourite players, Jorginho and Luiz, both missed penalties with the former's being really pathetic.

steve8 posted:

Could not believe the injuries in first period.  Looked like a few walking wounded in the 2nd half.   

Chelsea needs to regroup.  Dump owner who is stupid when coming to the game and fire the coach.  Real embarassment

Glad that Sarri benched Kepa yesterday against Spurs. He should leave him there for the next game too. On top of that he was fined by the club for £170,000...one week's salary. I sure hope the boy doesn't starve to death.

Incredible own goal by Trippier yesterday to ice the game and their title hopes. Hoping for a draw and the usual volatility in the north London derby on the weekend. Kane was losing his cool yesterday.

steve8 posted:

Glad that Sarri benched Kepa yesterday against Spurs. He should leave him there for the next game too. On top of that he was fined by the club for £170,000...one week's salary. I sure hope the boy doesn't starve to death.

Incredible own goal by Trippier yesterday to ice the game and their title hopes. Hoping for a draw and the usual volatility in the north London derby on the weekend. Kane was losing his cool yesterday.

The own goal was quite a gaffe.  Luiz was totally baiting Kane and it worked

Mimik, you deleted your post about Fulham beating Chelsea? I didn't know trolls felt remorse.

Jorginho is going to have to score a lot more goals before he's off my shitlist. It caught my attention when Sarri took him off for Kovacic instead of the usual Kovacic-Barkley sub. Because he was on a yellow? Or because he looked weak defensively?

Liverpool is fading. Crumpling under the pressure. Another repeat of 2013-14?

Add Reply

Likes (0)