This is a single vineyard (Mas de Porrera Vineyard) Viognier from Priorat. The vineyard is 1700ft up. It is only made in vintages that meet strict conditions in the vineyard. This is my first time having a Viognier from Spain and boy o boy does this compete at a very high level. In 2017 they made about 180 cases of this for the world. 50% goes through 300L oak barrel fermentation and 50% in small stainless steel tanks for 4 to 7 weeks with daily stirring of the lees. After fermentation it spends 4 months in 225L and 300L oak barrels. Aigua De Llum translates to Water from Light. The wine has a long finish with a mineral driven nose. Aromatically it smells like melon and crushed rock. On the palate you get an oily texture with peach, melon, gravel, and white pepper with amazing balancing acidity. You can taste the oak and stainless treatment. Competes with high quality Condrieu from the Rhone. Buy this if you can find it. I bought mine at the winery in Priorat. I will be seeking to get more. 93+ points with excellent aging potential. 

IW

Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.