I’ve thought this section too dead for too long. So, too-night I decided I would not be “a part of the problem”, no matter what the evening held... I will preface this with ‘my sinuses aren’t in tip-top shape, at the moment ‘. But:

Nose is all gun powder, flint, gun smoke, bruised apples, including but not limited to red apples, with a hint of under-ripe papaya and other green salinity. The more complex nose reduces to a simpler palate of under-ripe green apple, brown-spice bruises, flint, a bit of papaya and chalk. Relatively short finish. I know it doesn’t sound like the palate is diminished from the nose, but it is, a touch. Best warmer: when cooled from ~ 62F to ~ 43F to see what would happen, the wine got worse. I’ve had better vintages of this wine but still a good Chardonnay value at $45. Continues to be more comperable to Puligny and Saint-Aubin than to most CA Chardonnays. 90(+?)

Edit: Back at ~ 58F and open for 3 1/2 hours, there is crystallized ginger on the palate and buttered popcorn emerges on the finish making this a more complete wine and upping the score to 91.

Reccomended for a Chardonnay at its price. 

Original Post

Add Reply

Likes (0)