2013 Wine New Year's Resolutions

quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
To delete more email offers
+1 Smile. Few things I need to do: (1)Drink more high quality dry whites.(2) Drink more Champagne.(3) Most importantly, get to know and share more wine with other forumites I've yet to meet.
Increasing the average per bottle value of my collection without ramping up my spending, mainly by drinking as much dross as possible and laying down fewer but better wines in replacement.

Roughly 80% of the bottles I plan to open in 2013 will come from the bottom quarter ($-wise) of my collection.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
+1 to DaveCanada and PurpleHaze

I don't need a day to start it, but I want to buy more from the US (as opposed to the LCBO) going forward and drink more dry, still whites (I drink lots of sweet and bubbly ones as it is)

+1 on above, with more dry still whites, (more varietals and regions).
I don’t do resolutions either, but I do have wine goals for 2013 and it’s mainly getting more familiar with Burgundy. I have a couple of burgundy books in the queue and I’ll focus a good part of my wine budget on 2010 Burgundy which based on the wines I have tried I much prefer to 2009. I’ll also try to back fill some older vintages as well.

Add Reply

Likes (0)