2013 Weight Loss Thread

Starting this early to get in the right mindset.

I weigh 203 right now. Going to try and get to just under 200 and keep it there till January. In January, 17 Day Diet for 34 days.

Anyone else?
Original Post
I am defending a personal injury case right now for one of my insurance company clients.
The Plaintiff is a 37 year old woman, who is 5'2" and weighs 290. According to the medical records, due to the accident she had trouble with her favorite two hobbies. Cooking and dancing.
Dancing? Now there is an ugly picture.
I started my program 3 weeks ago this Saturday. Not necessarily looking to lose weight, though I could use to drop 30 lbs or so. Weigh in is tomorrow. I also have been keeping track of measurements to see how I'm actually doing versus the scale. The first week I gained, which I blamed on muscle. Wink This past week I was down 6 lbs. And I've cut out the 4:30 work drink, and most weekday drinks. Had 2 glasses of Pinot on Wednesday and 2 glasses of Rose yesterday.

The food in my fridge is way, way green-colored and from what I can tell, never walked around on a farm or uttered "Moo", "Cluck", or "Oink".
Nice job everyone!

Im hoping to drop 5 pounds after the holiday...although it may be closer to 10 by then. I actually dropped 20 pounds 2 yrs ago....just by exercising 20-30 minutes a day and eating healthier...Ive been able to keep 15 of those pounds off.

Good luck and keep it going!
I'm right at 205 right now and want to at least get back to my "normal" 194 after the holidays. Ideally I want to drop that to 188 which is a very nice but difficult weight for me to attain.

In fact I will put that here as the goal for 2013. A stable 188 lbs by my birthday at the end of May.
quote:
Originally posted by towineguy:
Started a strict diet on July 1. Weigh-in was 244lb. Currently at 161lb. Hoping to maintain around 165-170lb for the long haul. Waist went from 40" to 30".

Were you drinking wine during this period?
Bravo to many of you!
About 15 months ago I tipped the scales at around 245. Since then I have been as low as 215, but my wedding ring was beginning to easily slip off (wife not pleased). Almost lost it in a Finger Lake one day and again during a night playing B-ball at the gym (mens 25 and over league, thank you). Bouncing between 220 and a deuce and a quarter now but feeling a bit heavy during these Holidays filled with so many seasonal temptations. Tonight, slightly guilty as I finish off a 1/2 pint of Haagan Dazs, but F it. I'll run tomorrow and feel better. Been able to do 3 - 4.5 miles a few times a week for most weeks this year and can keep the weight from coming back. Knees starting to hurt though. Getting older. Boo.
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
-28 We leave for Florida tomorrow. That ought to set me back a bit.

But at least on the first day, your Speedo banana hammock will fit better!

GOOD GAWD! I'll never get that image out of my mind now. Ack
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
-28 We leave for Florida tomorrow. That ought to set me back a bit.

But at least on the first day, your Speedo banana hammock will fit better!

Now I'll have to poke out my mind's eye.

Add Reply

Likes (0)