Skip to main content

Tar and roses soared from the decanter. I wish I could be more unique in my characterization. But beyond a hint of lavender or tarragon (which themselves are pretty common in Barolo) this is a textbook old school Barolo. The nose itself gives suggestion to such power that it is almost confusing to see the lighter-than-most-Pinots dusty, pinkish ruby color. The fruit (what of it there is) is all wild and black cherry. The finish is loooong. This was in the decanter for several hours and did not begin to break down until maybe hour 4. This is absolutely classic Barolo... the one draw back is that it is not as distinctive a wine as it could be. 92.5

Last edited by winetarelli
Original Post
mimik posted:

Thanks  for the note. I love this wine. I'd had the 2001 some time ago which blew me away. I picked up some 2011s. How does this compare to other vintages?

I prefer the 2001 and 2004 to this, tbh.

It was a very good wine, but it wasn't sublime in the way a couple of others have been.  Again, that isn't to knock it.  It was very good -- it just wasn't as awesome as I thought it might have been.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.