Skip to main content

Consumed over 48 hours. Kept in fridge, in bottle.

A challenging vintage, and this is less ripe than usual, but not lean in any way. A little heat initially that got better after eight hours. Dark Bing Cherries, plum, a little herby quality, good acidic and tannic structure.

I've had five or six vintages, and am most experienced with the '07. This is not nearly as full-throttle ripe as that one, and I'd guess the 2011 will cellar longer (IMO, the '07 is at or perhaps past peak now). 90pts, with upside. Drink or hold.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by indybob:

A challenging vintage, and this is less ripe than usual, but not lean in any way. A little heat initially that got better after eight hours. Dark Bing Cherries, plum, a little herby quality, good acidic and tannic structure.

I've had five or six vintages, and am most experienced with the '07. This is not nearly as full-throttle ripe as that one, and I'd guess the 2011 will cellar longer (IMO, the '07 is at or perhaps past peak now). 90pts, with upside. Drink or hold.

"Kept in fridge, in bottle"-
What? Why would you keep a Zin in the fridge, and, if you did, what else would you put it in, the butter dish? I don't think I understand. Confused
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:

What? Why would you keep a Zin in the fridge, and, if you did, what else would you put it in, the butter dish? I don't think I understand. Confused

I don't get this, it's what I do too with my two to three day bottles of red. We also pump out the air with a FoodSaver. We then pour a glass about 20 minutes before we consume so the temperature's in the 60-65F range.
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:

Confused indeed. Kept in bottle to signify that I didn't decant it. Kept the open bottle in the fridge to signify I didn't leave it on the counter. Understand?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.