Skip to main content

2+ hour decant. Gorgeous nose with a lot of complexity. Crushed red berries, cedar, smoked meat, pencil shavings and campfire smoke. Still somewhat firm tannins, but not enough to detract from the pleasure of drinking this wine. Tart raspberry, cherry, bacon fat and dried herbs on the palate, with nice grip. Still a couple of years at least before fully ready, but damn enjoyable now. 93, with upside.
Original Post

Opened my 3rd bottle tonight with grilled burgers. Pnp and letting it air out in the bottle. Writing this a little shy of two hours after opening.

Nose of ripe dark berries, tar, garrigue, Turkish coffee, pencil shavings, damp earth, forest. Still-present tannins with good acidity. Flavors of black and blue fruit, berries, black licorice, pepper, herbs, meat smoke. This is super-complex, but I think it may be a touch less accessible than when I wrote the original TN. 92 for me at the moment and I’ll try and save the last bottle for at least 2 more years. Despite me rating it slightly lower than 3 years ago, it’s really delicious and right in my wheelhouse. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.