I recently discovered that I have three of these instead of the two I expected to own, so I decided to take one for the team. HOLD!!!

2-1/2 hour decant. Deep opaque red. Nose of berries, tar, pencil shavings and violets. Medium-bodied with an amount of acidity that works for my palate. However, there is a wall of tannin still locking down the good stuff underneath. Crushed berries, dried herbs and espresso are the flavors trying to peek through. I think this will be fantastic when ready, but I’m guessing it’s still at least 4 years out.

Original Post
billhike posted:

I recently discovered that I have three of these instead of the two I expected to own, so I decided to take one for the team. HOLD!!!

2-1/2 hour decant. Deep opaque red. Nose of berries, tar, pencil shavings and violets. Medium-bodied with an amount of acidity that works for my palate. However, there is a wall of tannin still locking down the good stuff underneath. Crushed berries, dried herbs and espresso are the flavors trying to peek through. I think this will be fantastic when ready, but I’m guessing it’s still at least 4 years out.

Thanks for the note and for the sacrifice!  I have some 2010 Les Claux.  I'll hold, given your assessment.

Add Reply

Likes (0)