It’s  possible that another thread exists for this wine, but the search function on this new platform sucks more ass than a colonic.

Not decanted but opened to slow-ox and tasted throughout  the afternoon. Open for about five hours now. Aromas of dark ripe cherry, raspberry, roasted meat, dry herbs and campfire. Medium-plus weight for my palate. Ripe berries, black licorice, bay leaf and a tarry note. Grippy tannins suggest this being a couple of years from being fully ready, but I’m really enjoying it now. Nice amount of acid to balance the fruit. 93 with some room for improvement, so I’m glad to have a couple more. 

Original Post

Thanks for posting this TN.  I have two of these.  There are always such divergent opinions with regard to whether or not CdP can (should?) age well.  Your note makes it sound like this wine is entering its window.  James' original WS TN (which garnered a 96!) says 2017-2030.  Do you get the impression this one will go that far?

BRR posted:

Thanks for posting this TN.  I have two of these.  There are always such divergent opinions with regard to whether or not CdP can (should?) age well.  Your note makes it sound like this wine is entering its window.  James' original WS TN (which garnered a 96!) says 2017-2030.  Do you get the impression this one will go that far?

Haven’t tried this wine but, in general, I find many CdPs to be delicious upon release, shut down within a year, then re-emerge wonderfully +/- 12 years after vintage date. Pegau Reservee, specifically, is notorious for this in my book. 

haggis posted:

I don't have any of their 2010 CdP, but do have a supply of their Gigondas Les Claux.  Might the consensus be to treat them the same as the CdP?

- because I have two of those as well as two of the 2010 Valbelle. I was thinking 2020 would be when I popped the first, but would love to hear from anyone who has taken one for the team.

Add Reply

Likes (0)