Skip to main content

Ok...so last year was the inaugural season for our league, THE GONG SHOW. Some rules changes will be posted as they occur, as last year there were some gripes about scoring, payouts, etc. So far, we have 12 teams confirmed for this year:

dannyk8232
Paul
gigabit
jburman82
clayfu
scbeerman
GlennK
thirsty man
J1m
jorgerunfast
JAR
WineSparty

Spots will certainly be reserved for last years' participants:

Shane

I think a league of 12 will be ideal...If there are requests to join, please let me know!

GFYS
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

So regarding rules changes, was thinking:

Less distance scoring. Maybe a slight bonus, but nothing like last year.

Some way to have a weekly payout for the top dawg or two in points (that week)...and possibly for division champs. Maybe everybody will pony up a bottle of wine to the top 3 finishers like alst year, but also $50 so most teams have a chance to win at least something over the course of the season.
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
How did the rules differ from the conventional scoring? I am used to a league of 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, a kicker and a defense. A passing TD is 4 points and a rushing TD is 6 points with an int losing 1 and a fumble losing 2. Rushing yards are 1 point per ten yards and passing yards are a point per 25 yards.

The rules will be much closer to conventional scoring than last season. There was a heavy emphasis on distance scoring which kinda flopped, although overall I think everybody had a blast. This year will be better...
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
Originally posted by jburman82:
I am hosting an offline on 8/21 and have another draft on 8/28 at 2pm eastern. Any chance of doing it on a sunday or a weeknight?

In how many leagues do you participate, and are you OK parting with so much of your wine? Razz

I am in 3 leagues. Only 2 of which are for wine. The draft on the 28th is for a league with a bunch of guys I have been friends with since high school. Its taking place at my house so I cant really do both drafts at once.

As for my wine, you should be more concerned about what you can buy and ship in your backwards state, than what I probably wont have to part with. Razz
Last edited by jburman82
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
I am hosting an offline on 8/21 and have another draft on 8/28 at 2pm eastern. Any chance of doing it on a sunday or a weeknight?

In how many leagues do you participate, and are you OK parting with so much of your wine? Razz

I am in 3 leagues. Only 2 of which are for wine. The draft on the 28th is for a league with a bunch of guys I have been friends with since high school. Its taking place at my house so I cant really do both drafts at once.

As for my wine, you should be more concerned about what you can buy and ship in your backwards state, than what I probably wont have to part with. Razz

I expect to take two bottles from your cellar next year; one for FFBL and the other when the Heat does not win the NBA Championship. I'm already expecting the '07 Caymus. Would you like to go ahead and tell me which bottle will accompany it? Smile
quote:
Originally posted by dannyk8232:
So...how about some potential draft dates?

Wednesday, 8/25 @ 4:00 Pacific
Thursday, 8/26 @ 3:00 Pacific
Friday, 8/27 @ 3:00 Pacific

I figured I would throw some out there to see if these work........

I can work with those dates. Later is always better for me.
Last edited by j1m
scbeerman, I am very torn on the Vikings WRs value. With Favre I have them fairly highly rated. Without I have them almost undraftable. Watching Tavaris Jackson throw the ball is painful. I was pretty shocked they didnt go with Clausen at the end or rd 1 or McCoy in rd 2. They need a qb of the future very badly.

Also, if you are drafting a position player in rd 15 that means you made the classic mistake of drafting a kicker in any rd but the last one. So, by all means, pick Tebag in rd 15. Razz
quote:
scbeerman, I am very torn on the Vikings WRs value. With Favre I have them fairly highly rated. Without I have them almost undraftable. Watching Tavaris Jackson throw the ball is painful. I was pretty shocked they didnt go with Clausen at the end or rd 1 or McCoy in rd 2. They need a qb of the future very badly.

Also, if you are drafting a position player in rd 15 that means you made the classic mistake of drafting a kicker in any rd but the last one. So, by all means, pick Tebag in rd 15. Razz

Tea-Blow isn't a kicker?????
quote:
Hey Bud!

Yeah, I became a bit tired of posting in the Buying/Drinking section. There isn't a whole lot of activity anymore in buying/selling, except for people who get really excited to tell everyone else they are on Scarecrow's list and other childish nonsense like that...

well if you won't go to the forum, i will bring the forum to you!

Hey Danny! I got offered Scarecrow this year! I'll sell you a bottle for $650!!!!

Razz
quote:

Spots will certainly be reserved for last years' participants:

JAR
WineSparty
Shane

I think a league of 12 will be ideal...If there are requests to join, please let me know!

GFYS

I hope it's not too late. I want to join again. Please confirm that it's ok to do so...

e-mail: rodrigj4@bp.com

edit: I'll put in a "2005 Château d'Issan"
Last edited by jar

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.