2010 Columbia Crest Walter Clore

Hour plus decant. 53/36/11 Merlot, Cab Sauv. and Cab Franc. Medium-deep ruby color. Aromas of dark ripe cherry, blueberry, and currant with hints of stone and a tiny bit of mint. Medium-full body with nice acid. Tannins probably a year or two from fully absorbed. On the palate, dark berries with sweet spice and baker's chocolate. Just a tad on the latter; this is not overly oaked to my palate. Not a wow wine but great balance and seamless. Classy and elegant with some life ahead of it. 91. A nice reminder for me of the value of WA reds.
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
Thanks Bill! I've got a 2005 Walter Clore that I've been sitting on, just to see, but am wondering if I should move it to the drink queue pretty soon.

IB, I've had the '05 recently and though I doubt it will get better, it is still very drinkable.

BillHike, your TN on the '10 makes me think that Ray Einberger is not making this wine anymore as he seemed to have never uttered, "That's too much oak!".
quote:
Originally posted by Racer117:
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
Thanks Bill! I've got a 2005 Walter Clore that I've been sitting on, just to see, but am wondering if I should move it to the drink queue pretty soon.

IB, I've had the '05 recently and though I doubt it will get better, it is still very drinkable.

BillHike, your TN on the '10 makes me think that Ray Einberger is not making this wine anymore as he seemed to have never uttered, "That's too much oak!".

Ha! Definitely a different winemaker per the back of the bottle. I don’t recall the name though.

Add Reply

Likes (0)