Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Can't wait for football. I believe there is a pre-season game tonight, correct?
I really hope the Dolphins can pick up where they left off last season. Although I follow them religiously, I have never seen them play in person. Luckily they are playing in Charlotte, Atlanta, and Nashville this year. I am really excited.
As a Lions fan, this is usually pretty much the high point of the season - the point where we have not lost a game yet. But, the Lions are the only team that can guarantee to not have a worse record than last year (or at least I hope they don't figure out a way to somehow do that). I heard the O/U in Vegas on Lions wins is 5, which I am amazed by.

I may check out some of the HOF game tonight for the 30 seconds that the starters are in there.
quote:
Originally posted by MiamiWineNovice:
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
I wanted to start this thread so Icewino and other Red Sux fans can start feeling good about themselves again ... at least until Brady tears his MCL in Week 3. Smile

Classy... hoping/suggesting an athlete gets hurt... classy.

Jets or Giants fan, DoubleD?
I am fan of the team that plays the Patriots that week. And why is that you may ask? Because most Red Sux fans are also Patriots fans. Looking forward to watching your team have another 10-win season and missing the playoffs.
quote:
quote:
quote:
I wanted to start this thread so Icewino and other Red Sux fans can start feeling good about themselves again ... at least until Brady tears his MCL in Week 3. Smile

I am fan of the team that plays the Patriots that week. And why is that you may ask? Because most Red Sux fans are also Patriots fans. Looking forward to watching your team have another 10-win season and missing the playoffs.

Sweet!! I loathe the Patsies. I can count on you to root for the Phins at least twice this year!
You embrace the Steelers, correct? I thoroughly enjoyed watching them destroy the Patriots last year. Who was it that blew up Welker in that game? What a hit.
quote:
Originally posted by Keeno:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sweet!! I loathe the Patsies. I can count on you to root for the Phins at least twice this year!
You embrace the Steelers, correct? I thoroughly enjoyed watching them destroy the Patriots last year. Who was it that blew up Welker in that game? What a hit.

What a cheap illegal hit that any real fan of the game shouldn't br proud of. The Steelers destroyed the Pats for the most part fair and square, toe to toe. There's no need for that crap in the NFL. That's the kind of stuff that ruins the game and ends careers needlessly. You're not a fan of football if that's the stuff you like to see, go watch UFC or WWE.

That aside the Patriots are going to waltz into the playoffs this year as long as #12 stays upright. The rest of the AFC is going to suck hard this year. I'll take bets on this now if anyone's interested.

DD, I appreciate you starting this thread so I don't have to throw myself off a bridge and as such will allow you to pick a team of your likeing, since you apparently don't have one yet, for a chance to win back your Caymus.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nov 30th. Big Grin I don't get a chance to see the Steelers play every week on TV, so it was nice to see the play repeated, repeated, and repeated on ESPN the day after.
quote:
Originally posted by Icewino:

What a cheap illegal hit that any real fan of the game shouldn't br proud of. The Steelers destroyed the Pats for the most part fair and square, toe to toe. There's no need for that crap in the NFL. That's the kind of stuff that ruins the game and ends careers needlessly. You're not a fan of football if that's the stuff you like to see, go watch UFC or WWE.

That aside the Patriots are going to waltz into the playoffs this year as long as #12 stays upright. The rest of the AFC is going to suck hard this year. I'll take bets on this now if anyone's interested.

DD, I appreciate you starting this thread so I don't have to throw myself off a bridge and as such will allow you to pick a team of your likeing, since you apparently don't have one yet, for a chance to win back your Caymus.
Since you were born in the '80s and don't really know your history (or would like to) of the Red Sux and football in general, those kinds of hits were pretty common before you were born. Are they football? You are darn right they are. That's what gave Butkus, Mean Joe Greene, and Jack Lambert their mythical status. And that's why we call your team the Patsies.

I also like your qualifier in your predictions too. IF #12 stays upright, IF the Red Sux didn't sell Babe Ruth to the Yankees, IF IF IF ... hahaha. Very comical.

I'm going to enjoy drinking the Caymus you'll sending me, gift-wrapped in pinstripes with a note saying my team was the better team. Big Grin
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Seriously? First of all, he (I think it was Clark) led with the shoulder and an NFL official stated after the fact that the hit was legal. Even your boy Welker said that it was part of the game. Don't try to make me into some savage over liking that hit. I can assure you that many others had the same reaction as me.
Also, don't worry about your precious Patsies. The NFL has already created like 4 rules to protect them from actually playing the game. There are already 2 or 3 rules because of the "Golden Boy" Tom Brady.

By the way, the Patsies will not waltz into the playoffs. There are a lot of good teams in the AFC and their schedule is no cake walk. They have to get through both the NFC and AFC South. They also have to play the Ravens and a much tougher AFC East. . . twice.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Seriously? First of all, he (I think it was Clark) led with the shoulder and an NFL official stated after the fact that the hit was legal. Even your boy Welker said that it was part of the game. Don't try to make me into some savage over liking that hit. I can assure you that many others had the same reaction as me.
Also, don't worry about your precious Patsies. The NFL has already created like 4 rules to protect them from actually playing the game. There are already 2 or 3 rules because of the "Golden Boy" Tom Brady.

By the way, the Patsies will not waltz into the playoffs. There are a lot of good teams in the AFC and their schedule is no cake walk. They have to get through both the NFC and AFC South. They also have to play the Ravens and a much tougher AFC East. . . twice.

Umm, he didn't even have the ball and Clarke was flagged for it so how is it legal to level someone who's just running across the field? If you don't think they'll walz right in as I said I'm taking bets.

DD, I was born in 77. Those hit's may have been commonplace but something exactly like that is what paralyzed Stingly. I stick by it, no place in the game for that. And of course I have to say IF Brady is upright, they don't have a backup who can even carry his water.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Umm, he didn't even have the ball and Clarke was flagged for it so how is it legal to level someone who's just running across the field? If you don't think they'll walz right in as I said I'm taking bets.

DD, I was born in 77. Those hit's may have been commonplace but something exactly like that is what paralyzed Stingly. I stick by it, no place in the game for that. And of course I have to say IF Brady is upright, they don't have a backup who can even carry his water.

Clicky. But don't worry. There will be a Welker rule to go along with the 4 Brady rules already in place.
quote:

I'll take that action, Ice. But your statements can be taken with a number of interpretations, so let's tighten things up shall we? Bolts and Pats head-to-head. The team advancing furthest in the playoffs wins. In the unlikely event of a tie on that criteria, the better regular season record takes it.

If that sounds acceptable to you, then name the prize.
quote:
Originally posted by SD-Wineaux:
quote:

I'll take that action, Ice. But your statements can be taken with a number of interpretations, so let's tighten things up shall we? Bolts and Pats head-to-head. The team advancing furthest in the playoffs wins. In the unlikely event of a tie on that criteria, the better regular season record takes it.

how bout this one,

3 teams in the AFC will have better then .500 avgs this year, considering if you think the AFC east is going to suck hard.

name the bottle =)
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJAlbers:
There are 3 good reasons why I will not get too excited for the purple this year...
1. T. Jackson
2. S. Rosenfels
3. JD Booty

A. Pete and Harvey could be very very fun to watch though. They might be able to hide some of the inefficiencies of the QB position.
Perhaps some "Wildcat", however, most teams know to stack the box against A.P. It will be interesting to see how Harvin is used.

I heard Jeff George is still available. Big Grin
quote:
quote:
quote:
There are 3 good reasons why I will not get too excited for the purple this year...
1. T. Jackson
2. S. Rosenfels
3. JD Booty

A. Pete and Harvey could be very very fun to watch though. They might be able to hide some of the inefficiencies of the QB position.
Perhaps some "Wildcat", however, most teams know to stack the box against A.P. It will be interesting to see how Harvin is used.

I heard Jeff George is still available. Big Grin

maybe you guys can get vinny testeverde!!! hahaha
will be interesting to see for the Seahawks, really could go either way

everything ive been reading, been told by buddies, etc... is that the O-Line is still a huge question mark. Walter Jones isn't 100% back from microfracture (will he ever be?), Spencer cant seem to stay healthy at C, and everyone else is just plain inconsistent... if the line cant shore up their issues, could be another painful season.

besides that, theres still room for optimism... Seattle finally has a cocky WR, crazy $$$ paid to Curry, Ken Lucas is back to support Trufant as the other CB, and the D Line should cause crazy havoc with the additions of Cory Redding and Colin Cole, not to mention Mebane & Bryant progressing along nicely. to expand that, if the offense can stay on the field for more than 15 min a game, Seattle's D should be one of the better units in the league.

we shall see?! but the ?'s regarding the OLine scare me...
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Clicky. But don't worry. There will be a Welker rule to go along with the 4 Brady rules already in place.

I'm aware of that. Their official ruling was that he didn't launch himself etc so it was legal, but if they are saying you can do that to someone who never touched a ball that's a bad precedent to set. They're lucky Rodney Harrison is retired or he'd have a new dirty trick up his sleeve if that's a legal hit.
quote:
Originally posted by SD-Wineaux:
quote:

That sounds good to me. Considering I'm probably going to have a hole to fill in my cellar after paying off DD I could use a replacement bottle of the same so Caymus sounds good to me unless you have any other ideas or favorites.

quote:
how bout this one,

3 teams in the AFC will have better then .500 avgs this year, considering if you think the AFC east is going to suck hard.

name the bottle =)

G-Man if you really like that bet I'll be happy to take it. I'm a big fan of Two Hands Bella's Garden and Don Melchor. Either of those float your boat?
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
umm blockers get laid out all of the time.

ever see a wide receiver trying to block on the outside against an outside linebacker?

Better yet, ever see Hines ward take out a cornerback?

Sorry, should have been more specific. Defenseless recievers running routes. Obviously if you're blocking or engaged you can be taken down, I guess I figured that was a given.
quote:

quote:
how bout this one,

name the bottle =)

G-Man if you really like that bet I'll be happy to take it. I'm a big fan of Two Hands Bella's Garden and Don Melchor. Either of those float your boat?

I'll take the bet that 2 teams in teh AFC will be better then .500

considering in the past 5 years only the pats have had better then .500

how's that?
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:

quote:
how bout this one,

name the bottle =)

I'll take the bet that 2 teams in teh AFC will be better then .500

considering in the past 5 years only the pats have had better then .500

how's that?

Umm, thanks but no thanks. I liked the first bet better. One team out of the other three coulf fluke their way to 9 wins like the fish did last year. But for the original three I'd be in. Your call.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.