Skip to main content

• 2008 Shafer Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select - USA, California, Napa Valley, Stags Leap District (3/27/2013)
    So young but so beautiful. Core of fruit and sexy oak suggests its less tannic than other Napa heavyweights but may last longer. Dark fruit, oak and leather envelope the seamless Shafer style. I think one may be able to enjoy this now with some air or hold for 10-20 years, Cheers! (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
I tasted this back in December courtesy of Allred, and it was drinking very well, but obviously in need of years. I'm assuming he decanted back in December, but no idea how long.

That bottle was almost an afterthought, as I decided to open it only after we got to the club that night. It got about an hour in the decanter before it was poured. The plan was to enjoy this alongside a young 2010 Phelps Insignia, but someone talked Michael out of opening that one.

Anyway, yes, the 2008 should age well.
quote:
Originally posted by AllRed:
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
I tasted this back in December courtesy of Allred, and it was drinking very well, but obviously in need of years. I'm assuming he decanted back in December, but no idea how long.

That bottle was almost an afterthought, as I decided to open it only after we got to the club that night. It got about an hour in the decanter before it was poured. The plan was to enjoy this alongside a young 2010 Phelps Insignia, but someone talked Michael out of opening that one.

A decision I now regret. But, to be fair, I was under the impression that he was opening that from his own cellar - not the club's cellar. As far as I'm concerned, he owes us that bottle at a dinner of our choosing. Devilish

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.