Skip to main content

Anyone reading my previous TN's probably felt I was abused by my wine retailer for such a disappointing night. But for some odd reason when I cut and pasted the listing, my two favorites of the evening got deleted. I include them now.

2007 Honig Cabernet
Bramble berries with slight wild streak along with some sugar cane sweetness. Slightly out of balance towards the tannic side and thus could use a couple of years to tone down. Nice depth and length though. A-.

2007 ZD Cabernet
Loads of sweet lush cherries. Very well balanced. Ready to drink now. A-.

My first try of both these producers. They in my opinion delivered more than the pricer wines in the previous post.

Ardeis in Seminole
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Ardeis:

2007 ZD Cabernet
Loads of sweet lush cherries. Very well balanced. Ready to drink now. A-.

My first try of both these producers. They in my opinion delivered more than the pricer wines in the previous post.

Ardeis in Seminole

i went very deep their reserve wine including picking up a double mag of the reserve, it's absoltuely fantastic juice.
It seems that 2007 will be a very good vintage, and IMO you can tell that by how the $20-$40 cabs do, like the ones you listed above. I've really enjoyed a couple of cheapies myself, including the Mondavi Napa and the Raymond Reserve. I don't routinely buy these but when a vintage piques my curiosity I like to sample around in the low range to get a feel for it without spending $60 per bottle.
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:

It seems that 2007 will be a very good vintage, and IMO you can tell that by how the $20-$40 cabs do, like the ones you listed above. I've really enjoyed a couple of cheapies myself, including the Mondavi Napa and the Raymond Reserve. I don't routinely buy these but when a vintage piques my curiosity I like to sample around in the low range to get a feel for it without spending $60 per bottle.

I doubt any would deny that 2007 was a very good NorCal vintage, but I think the Raymond Reserve Cab has been quite a standout at the sub $30 price point for several vintages now...not just 07.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.