2006 Radio-Coteau Chardonnay Savoy Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (5/2/2008)
WIML90,PURPLE90

Tasted Apri 30, 2008. Opened and served immediately. Light yellow color in the glass, clear hue throughout. Nose of lychee, parafin, papaya, tart apples and shale. Flavors of dried pineapple, yellow apple, papaya, a touch of lemon zest and a some creme on the medium to long finish. Bright acidity, medium to full body. Good wine but doesn't quite gel on the palate. Drink or hold. Second tasting of this wine with consistent notes. (90 pts.)
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
2006 Radio-Coteau Chardonnay Savoy Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (5/2/2008)
WIML90,PURPLE90

Tasted Apri 30, 2008. Opened and served immediately. Light yellow color in the glass, clear hue throughout. Nose of lychee, parafin, papaya, tart apples and shale. Flavors of dried pineapple, yellow apple, papaya, a touch of lemon zest and a some creme on the medium to long finish. Bright acidity, medium to full body. Good wine but doesn't quite gel on the palate. Drink or hold. Second tasting of this wine with consistent notes. (90 pts.)

Hey, how would you describe the smell of tart apples compared to say non tart apples? Is it the hint of acidity you're picking up on the nose? Or would it be the lack of something sweet?
I haven't tried any other 2006 R-C. The only other one I bought was the Savoy Pinot and I wasn't planning on opening my first bottle until 2011. I will post notes though.
Cool. Thanks for the info. I agree with waiting on the RC pinots, but I was hoping you took one for the team.
2006 Radio-Coteau Chardonnay Savoy Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (8/3/2008)
WIML91+,PURPLE90

Tasted August 3, 2008.

Opened and served immediately. Light yellow color in the glass, clear hue throughout. Nose of lychee, parafin, yellow apples and wet stones...almost identical to the last tasting. Flavors of yellow apple, lemon and tropical fruits (again). Bright acidity, full body. Drink or hold. (91 pts.)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.