2006 Catena Zapata Cabernet Franc Angelica Zapata Alta

• 2006 Bodega Catena Zapata Cabernet Franc AngĂ©lica Zapata Alta - Argentina, Mendoza, Lujan de Cuyo (11/29/2012)
    Opaque purple/blue colour. Big nose of sweet crushed black and berry fruit jam, much like frutti di bosco, black licorice, spice, figs, and vanillan. Full-bodied, lush, with a fantastic texture like what liquid cashmere would hypothetically be like. Great balance, with replays from nose through to the long, 45-50s finish. This is a gorgeous wine and I might be underrating it at 93 points, as it's really impressive. Only listed as 13.8% alcohol, but to me it seems a little bit higher - something around 14.5%. This is a wine made for the domestic market in Argentina, and is not exported. Drink now-2016+. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
Original Post
Joe,

Make sure you try this while you're down there.

IW:

Yes, I just got back from Argentina on Sunday. It was a great trip. I wish we got the Angelica Zapata Alta line here. I prefer it greatly compared to the Catena Alta line that's exported to the rest of the world. I brought a bottle back, and it only cost about $35USD at the winery (same price at some wine shops I went to also).

Add Reply

Likes (0)