2006 Brewer-Clifton Chardonnay Santa Rita Hills Mount Carmel -- beautiful medium-gold colour; right out of the bottle great aromatics, lemon, hazelnut, orange peel; loaded with flavour, pear, pineapple, orange, hazelnut, melon, all swirling on the palate, great acidity, rich, intense, complex, wonderful mouthful of wine with a long finish. 95 pts. We asked not to have this put in an ice bucket, and as it warmed over a couple of hours, it just got better. This wine is worth seeking out. (A great recommendation from the very astute sommelier at Aqua in San Francisco.)
Original Post
Sea,

i love B-C Chardonnays... note the vineyard of your Brewer was the same as that Au Bon Climat we shared up in Vancouver Wink

i'd also recommend the Sea Smoke and Sweeney Canyon, and as far as vintage, 2005's from B-C are good but can be austere and unyielding at this point... the 06's & 07's are your best bet

please tell your lovely wife my sister and i said hello too... my sister still talks about that evening you graciously hosted us & Dunder back in the fall Cool
This bottle REALLY shines w/ an hour plus decant...minerality beings to pop and meld w/ the richness beautifully. I actually signed up for the Diatom list a few weeks back..the only 2 I tried proved to be more than worth the price of admission...Palmina's Italian inspired varieties are a lot of fun too.
quote:
Originally posted by Brad Coelho:
This bottle REALLY shines w/ an hour plus decant...minerality beings to pop and meld w/ the richness beautifully. I actually signed up for the Diatom list a few weeks back..the only 2 I tried proved to be more than worth the price of admission...Palmina's Italian inspired varieties are a lot of fun too.

I have enjoyed the Diatom wines a great deal!
quote:
Originally posted by kumazam:
Sea,

i love B-C Chardonnays... note the vineyard of your Brewer was the same as that Au Bon Climat we shared up in Vancouver Wink

Absolutely! We talked about that last night while I was looking at the wine list. That WAS a terrific evening!

Add Reply

Likes (0)