Skip to main content

2005 Kirkland Cuvee de Nalys Chateauneuf du Pape

From the back label: Produced and bottled by Domaine de Nalys. 50% Grenache, 40% Syrah, 10% Mourvedre-Cinsault. 14.7%.

Purple ruby color, not quite opaque, but very dark in the center. Tasted at room temperature so the wine was a little hotter (alcoholic attributes) than what one would normally find. Purple plum, leather, and lavender nose. Full-bodied, chewy, and tannic, ripe fruit, earthy, and balanced. A bit of red pepper at the end of a good 30 second finish.

A solid 90 point wine. Very good for $20 at the local Costco. Will recork and try again tomorrow.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

• 2005 Kirkland Signature Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée de Nalys - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (8/17/2007)
    This note is from night #2. Medium red wine. The nose shouts rhone- garrigue, sour cherry fruit, and some peppery spice. This is a medium bodied CdP, with a good core of fruit, but even on night #2 I don't get the idea that I'm tasting all that there is here because of how tight this is. This reminds me of some of the lesser 98 CdPs which turned out terrific, and I suspect that in 5 years this will be showing its fruit better with that dark cherry liqueur thing that ripe years of CdP show. I bought one more for $20 to stick away and have fun with. (88 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.