Dark ruby to the rim of the glass. Nose of Creme de Cassis and cherries. In the mouth had juicy and jammy raspberry and black cherry fruit with a little plum and earthiness on the finish. Popped and poured and is drinking great right now. Went in on this with my friend steve it was $70 bones plus tax. 93pts and should drink well to 2015 I would think. 15.9% alchohol but I didn't notice any heat.
Original Post
thanks. i bought two on release($45) and just recently starting eyeing them due to CT's drinking window of 06-11. of course i know to take that with a grain of salt... Smile
T glad you got it for $45. Haskell's wine shop here in Mpls gets a case of about 8 or 9 different Turley zins in most vintages. They really rake us over the coals on the price. Thats why I go in on a bottle with someone. $45 would be a good Qpr, but $70 for a bottle is like ...Ouch!
the 04's were the last vintage i bought due to numerous reasons. and short of the PS's that could survive a nuclear attack(maybe i'll start drinking them in another decade or so?), the two dragon's are the last of my turley days...
Indeed. I tried a 2005 Rattlesnake Ridge PS on release and pretty much decided to store all Turley PSs way back in with the Shafer Relentlesses... in the "I hope I forget I have these for several years" section.

I like the Dragon Vineyard Zins... but I started with the 2005 vintage, so I haven't had the pleasure of the 2004. Actually, I liked the 2005 quite a bit more than the 2006.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.