2004 Tenuta San Guido Guidalberto Toscana IGT

2004 Tenuta San Guido Guidalberto Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (2/18/2009)
WIML91+?

Tasted February 18, 2009 at an offline.

Opened and served immediately. Dark garnet to purple color in the glass, clear hue throughout. Nose of smoke, cocoa, rose petals and a mix of dark fruits. Rich flavors of mixed dark fruits. Medium to bright acidity, medium to firm tannins, medium to full bodied. Drink now with a decant or continue to hold. I'd hold. (91 pts.)
Original Post
Had one of these last night and like it a lot. Regular readers will know that Italian is not really my thing (with important exceptions) but both mrs bman and I loved this wine. Decanted an hour earlier, it tasted rather New World-ish to start then finished quite Italian, to my inexperienced palate at least. No TNs taken but I will try to find more!
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
Had one of these last night and like it a lot. Regular readers will know that Italian is not really my thing (with important exceptions) but both mrs bman and I loved this wine. Decanted an hour earlier, it tasted rather New World-ish to start then finished quite Italian, to my inexperienced palate at least. No TNs taken but I will try to find more!

FYI: The SAQ has the 2010 for $44.
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:

FYI: The SAQ has the 2010 for $44.

Thanks. As I am off to Montreal shortly, I checked the SAQ site and saw that but it's not at a store near where I will be, but I can get it for only $4 more in Oakville Smile
quote:
Thanks. As I am off to Montreal shortly, I checked the SAQ site and saw that but it's not at a store near where I will be, but I can get it for only $4 more in Oakville Smile

That's still a good price, considering it retails for right under $50 down here.

IMO, this is a gem of a wine, and one of the best (if not the best) "second wines" on the market.
I agree that this is one of the better second wines out there. I popped one a few weeks ago and it really proves, time and time again, that it is a solid wine. It packs a lot of punch for the price. I'm envious of your pricing though, it retails for $65 where I live.. Confused

Add Reply

Likes (0)