Randy I Love You!!! Drinking another bottle of this tonight with nice rib-eyes seared with almond oil and butter. This is a Match made in Heaven!! (Pun Intended). Man Randy makes some good wines; this 04 Butterdragon hits my sweet spot. Well Done Sir!! (So Happy I have another case of this coming!!)
Locked, cocked, and ready! This is delivering the goods in a big way. Beautiful deep garnet crystal clear color; Big nose of cassis/berry, olive, and oak; juicy/acidic balanced flavors of berries, some mineral(?), oak and a drawn out finish. I love it. 93 pts again.

This is being paired with BBQ pork ribs but this might not work out as the bottle has just sprung a hole in the bottom......
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
I had this wine last night, and was shocked to find it on the wine list at a Country Club in Houston.

River Oaks? I played in a Pro-am down there years ago, and they had some nice pours at the dinner that night. There is a Baconbrook on that Benchmark sale $60.00, is that a good deal?
quote:
Originally posted by txgolfpro:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
I had this wine last night, and was shocked to find it on the wine list at a Country Club in Houston.

River Oaks? I played in a Pro-am down there years ago, and they had some nice pours at the dinner that night. There is a Baconbrook on that Benchmark sale $60.00, is that a good deal?

Lakeside CC.

Fruit is fading a touch and I did not detect much olive as I've noted in the past but it is still so harmonious with elegant leather aromas showing themselves front and center.

We had a '13 Schrader RBS alongside and I found the Match so much more enjoyable. 

94 points in my book.

Add Reply

Likes (0)