Skip to main content

2004 De Lisio The Catalyst - Australia, South Australia, Fleurieu, McLaren Vale (5/26/2006)
WIML89,NOWA,NOWS

Tasted May 26, 2006 at a retail tasting. Opened and served about an hour later in a Riedel Vinum Cabernet Sauvignon glass. Purple color in the glass, clear hue throughout. Nose of cappuccino, blackberries and spice box. Flavors of black cherries dominate with some plums and a touch of earth. Integrated tannins and fresh acidity with a medium finish. Drink over the next 3-4 years. Based on the $38.24 per bottle local retail price I’d say the value is agreeable. (89 pts.)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I also got 89 points for this one but my notes are quite different from WIML's:

Shiraz/Grenache blend. Raspberry compote, lavender, acai on nose. Palate is full of primary fruit, low acid, & plummy spice. Finishes a bit bitter.

Fruit descriptors are always a bit subjective; what surprises me here is that WIML picked up good acidity whereas I thought it was a little flat.

Available for only $30.00 at Wine Exchange, but even at that price, for me the value is only "acceptable" as opposed to agreeable. Whereas, a 90-point score would launch my value assessment up to "agreeable" and knocking on the door of "recommended".

Still working on my WIML-ese!
Wink
  • 2004 De Lisio The Catalyst - Australia, South Australia, Fleurieu, McLaren Vale (1/22/2007)
    Decanted for 3 hours: BIG! Great concentration and extremly full bodied. Bursts of blackberry, vanilla, plum, licorice, some raspberry and earthy notes. A typical "in your face" Oz , inky, but a bit one-dimensional. I like this style quite much and the rest of the table with impressed as well how much fruit can rave in their mouth. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.