2003 Peay Vineyards Syrah Estate - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (7/16/2006)
WIML90,NOWA,WS87

Tasted July 16, 2006 at an offline. Opened and served immediately in a Lenox Grand Bordeaux glass. Dark purple color in the glass, clear hue throughout. Nose of bacon fat, blueberry, floral/violets and blackberries. Flavors of blackberries, a little blueberries, maybe some mint (?). Medium acidity with medium tannins. Medium bodied. Can be drank now with an hour in the decanter but I’d recommend holding another year before trying again. Maybe two. Let it round out in bottle a little more. No value recommendation. (90 pts.)
Original Post
2003 Peay Vineyards Syrah Estate - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (9/16/2008)
WIML90

Tasted September 16, 2008.

Opened and served immediately. Needed to be decanted for sediment though. Purple color in the glass, clear hue throughout. Nice nose of florals, smoke, berries, currants and an unusual odor I couldn't place that I'll call "roasted popcorn" for the moment. Flavors of black berries, plums and a little currant on the medium finish. Medium acidity, tannins and body. Nice wine. (90 pts.)
2003 Peay Vineyards Syrah Estate - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (10/4/2009)
WIML90

Tasted October 4, 3008.

Opened and glass decanted about an hour before serving. Followed over the next two hours. Dark garnet to purple color in the glass, clear hue throughout. Nose started with just a little bit of fresh blueberry followed by black berries and black cherries with a bit of wet stone underneath. Later a hint of bacon. Flavors of black berries, black cherries, currants and minerals as a base. Medium acidity, tannins and body. Drink over the short term. (90 pts.)

Add Reply

Likes (0)