Bought three bottles on release, stored perfectly, and opened my first one over the weekend with my girlfriend to mark the last work day of a loathed coworker, who's moving to a new job. Seriously, having to never work with that asshat again caused me to open this in celebration. Also, I figured, I turned 50 earlier this year, fuq it.  

Had a sip, decanted, then finished over about eight hours, by itself, with cheese, then with a dinner of homemade lasagne. 

Dark reddish garnet color. Nice aromas of vanilla, loads of fruit, both red and dark. Moderate tannins, with gobs of berries, a bit of aromatic herbs like mint and bay, and something on the long finish like butterscotch.

Honestly, it was fine, and definitely improved after about two hours in the decanter, but I'll most likely sell one of my other bottles, and open the third in 10-20 more years, in that supposedly prime Grange window that's supposed to exist. It was fun to taste, obviously well-made but we would have enjoyed a well-made $40 bottle just as much. . .or more. 92 pts, drink with decant, or hold. 

Original Post

Add Reply

Likes (0)