I pre-ordered 2 cases of cru beaujolais based upon the reviews I've been reading. And when I found the Louis Jadot 2002 Beaujolais Villages in the store I bought a few bottles.

first one - sour and tart. Tasted like the awful 2001. Give me a cheap Australian blend instead.

second one - Ambrosia! Nice fruit -blackberry and raspberry with a little garnish of chocolate. More body that usual for a beaujolais. A little structure to support it. Everything one would want from a beaujolais. As good as some of the 2002 crus.

third and fourth bottles - nasty. sour and tart.

What has your experience been? Was the 2nd bottle an anomaly for this label? Is Louis Jadot sticking 2002 labels on the last of the 2001's? Am I going to regret my two cases of George DuBoeuf crus?
Original Post
Spenser,

Welcome to the WS boards. I have not had any Jadot Cru Beaujolais in a year or 2 but they were tasty as I recall. If you are going to go to the trouble of pre-ordering Beaujolais, can I suggest a few producers which will be far superior than Jadot or Duboeuf.

Try one of the Gang of Four producers in the Morgon region:
~Marcel Lapierre- This link is a TN to his 2000 Morgon which was the best Beaujolais I've ever had.
~Foillard
~Thevenent
~Breton

I have also had some excellent wine from Jean Marc Brocard.

VM

___________________tagline____________________
Since the last Cubs Championship:
~18 Presidents and 4 new states.
~Women gained the right to vote.
~Communists gained & lost power in Russia.
~Income taxes and Daylight Savings Time started.
~Titanic sunk; was found; and became a hit movie.
~Halley's Comet visited Earth, twice.
Is it our time yet?
Vino Me,
Thanks for the advice. I'll look into those other producers. I liked the GD 200 crus very much, and the price was right. If the 2002 are at least as good, I think I'm getting good wine for good value.

Go Cubbies.
My favorite of the Duboeuf 2000 Cru wines was the 2000 Duboeuf Moulin a Vent Aged in Oak which I believe I rated a 91. It was the best Duboeuf Cru wine I've had. I still have 2 and will have to open 1 soon.

Looking at the most recent WS magazine, I recall that James Molesworth likes the wines of Potel-Aviron very much also. I have not seen or had any of these wines though.

VM

PS. Thanks for the Cub support. We need all the help we can get in this last week.

___________________tagline____________________
Since the last Cubs Championship:
~18 Presidents and 4 new states.
~Women gained the right to vote.
~Communists gained & lost power in Russia.
~Income taxes and Daylight Savings Time started.
~Titanic sunk; was found; and became a hit movie.
~Halley's Comet visited Earth, twice.
Is it our time yet?
Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.