....Napa Valley....Cabernet "with a little Merlot to smooth out the "edges." 14.2% alchohol.

Paid $16 for this. Not too bad. Green/minty nose with black rasberries. Creamy in the mouth with a slight twinge on the tongue. Some plums and and a candied taste. Mild tannins on the finish that lasts for 15 seconds. I'm not sure I would buy this again for the price. The Castle Rock is the same if not better than this. Ok, this is a little more creamy which may make this a tad better. Make sense?

Cheers to GrapeFriends!
Original Post
If this is the Edge Cabernet made by Signorello then I think I liked it a bit more than you. I gave this wine 90.5 points the last time I had it. I also paid $27 for it in DC.

a

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields
Yep. Same wine. I'm under the impression that this winery is owned by or somehow affiliated with Signorello.

a

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields
quote:
I was extremely interested to read their thought
"on Caberet Sauvignon"

Whew! I must of read my initial post 10x's. Glad it wasn't me! Razz

Cheers to GrapeFriends!
Please post your winery reply on the Conversations portion of the forum. Edge is an interesting wine as to its origins and it's profile. Paul Greggut (Seattle Times) published an article featuring some pricey wines and dropped in Edge as a kicker, to keep things honest. Edge finished secon and it cost 1/3 the price of everything else in the tasting. Amazing the power of taking away the labels! I feel that Edge was a great value for the expensive 01 vintage. Considering the quality/potential of the 02 vintage, I think there are many other choices. Heard of Esca? Put together by a (young) husband/wife team with current or previous experience at Bryant, Caldwell, Quintessa, Vineyard 29, Hundred Acre, Quioxte and Constant to name a few. Spring Mtn Cab and Syrah for under $30. Don't miss the boat.

What do you think about Joel Gott's wines?
quote:
What do you think about Joel Gott's wines?

That is a bit of a non-sequiter...but I tend to like them for their price points. Their better zin is quite good and, for $10, the SB is good for cooking with, esp since it has a synthetic cork so you don't have to worry about the wine having cork taint.

a
I saw this wine at Costco yesterday, the label caught my eye.

It was less than $20, mid-teens if I remember right.

Eric -- I catch typos on wine sites frequently and when I do I notify the winery -- I have gotten "thank you" gifts from some! Big Grin

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.