Skip to main content

This one we liked a lot. Tasted it with prime rib roast, together with the Footbolt shiraz, and this wine won hands-down. Lots of jammy fruit, maybe some blackberry, a decent finish, nice body, just the kind of Aussie red we like. And for CAD$19 a real deal. Bought 3 bottles at first, now bought 3 more. 88 points, which is what WS scored it. Parker gave it 89.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."

Groucho Marx

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Opened a bottle of this tonight. Had half tonight, poured the rest into a split for tomorrow evening. You guys were right, a delicious wine.

Deep ruby to rim. Intense in colour. Lots of thin, slow legs. Fruity nose with blueberry, rapsberry, cassis, and floral notes. Medium-full bodied, juicy, jammy wine. Lots of fruit, blueberry, plums, cassis. Medium-long finish with raspberry hints. Drinking well now. Just a little breathing time required, and it's good to go. 88 points.
Opened my last bottle of this a couple weeks ago.

Dark ruby red, coats the glass. Aromas of bluberry, raspberries, cassis, cherries, bramble, lavender, mocha. Full-bodied with well-integrated tannins, currant, raspberries, anda cherries. Moderate finish. Drink now. 88 points.

For those in Ontario that liked this wine, the 2001 vintage will be released in October.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.