Skip to main content

Opened this last night with dinner. Let breathe in bottle for over an hour no decant. This is not a light Barolo. Almost Thick on the pallette, with a finish that does last a while. Dark color for a barolo. Glad I have 2 left. Worthy of the praise from JS. The more I drink the 2000 editions, the more I am pleased with them. Yes, they are costly, but Ithink they are better than 97 but not as good as '96. IMO. Peace to all.Brunelloman
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by brunelloman: The more I drink the 2000 editions, the more I am pleased with them. Yes, they are costly, but Ithink they are better than 97 but not as good as '96. IMO. Peace to all.Brunelloman

00 better than 97?? Confused
you talk about two very similar vintages, personally I enjoy a lot 97 right now.
Regard to Azelia I've bought 3 bottles of Barolo S.Rocco 2000 an enchanting wine in Australian style; powerful and concentrated, ready to drink.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ALANIS FOR PRESIDENT
Yes the Bricco Fiasco. Dont get me wrong, I am a gran fan of the '97 Piemonte Vintage. But for ME, I am thinking 2000 is drinking better young than 97-which I realize are bold words, but for the 5 different 2000 barolos Ive drank, I am very pleased. Now, I have not drank a 97 in almost a year(Theyre sleeping) but out of respect for your word I will open one soon. Personally, I want to let my 96 and 97 Italians all sleep. But the temptation to taste is always sooo great. If all goes as planned, I should be a fortunate person in the next say 6- 10 years. Peace to all. Brunelloman

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.